Anyone know where I can sell my wedding dress?

Comments

• planethurf
    planethurf Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 21 December 2009 at 10:57PM
    I have been looking for somewhere to sell my wife's wedding dresses (yes - dresses plural! - She couldn't decide so we have 3 to sell! - ...for richer and for poorer :O) ) I found this site for UK sellers and they allow you to sell your wedding dress for free - it looks like its a new site - but it's on the front page of google UK so I imagine it will get some traffic?

The site is: www.SellWeddingDress.co.uk

Other UK sites seem to charge £15 a piece on average (so that's 45 quid for us!) So when I can get a decent picture of the dresses I will give this site a go (as well as any other free ones anyone can recommend!) My thinking is list it as many places as possible (for free!) and therefore increase the changes of getting a sale!

UPDATE: Sold one of the dresses for free (it took about 4 weeks to sell) just in time for Christmas :O)

Good Luck!
  • SwapMyDress.co.uk has sections for selling wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses and all adverts are Free.

They have a sister site SwapMyDesigner.co.uk where you can sell specific designer wedding dresses also for Free to list.
  • There's a page on rockmywedding (.co.uk I think), ebay could be worth it, or gumtree?
  • HCOOK reported as a spambot; has dredged up a thread last posted on in 2009!:doh:
    :heart::heart::heart: Marrying my lovely man on 1st September 2012 :heart::heart::heart:
    :love:

The right to express an opinion does not override the responsibility to show respect. :)
  • How rude, I'm not a bot.

I searched for selling wedding dresses and this page comes up near the top so i simply replied to it as did the next person.
  • White_Sapphire
    White_Sapphire Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    edited 9 February 2012 at 2:06PM
    HCOOK wrote: »
    How rude, I'm not a bot.

I searched for selling wedding dresses and this page comes up near the top so i simply replied to it as did the next person.

But why were you searching for selling wedding dresses? Given that your other post on another thread also mentions the same site, it would suggest that you are on here purely to advertise your website. Apologies if that happens not to be the case, but most people on here are very suspicious of someone whose few threads are solely about a single company or website.

If you would like to describe further your personal experience with the website you mention, and talk about your experience of planning your own or a close friend or relative's wedding then you are more than welcome here. But, the pattern of your posting suggests otherwise, and regular posters on here know the signs all too well!
    :heart::heart::heart: Marrying my lovely man on 1st September 2012 :heart::heart::heart:
    :love:

The right to express an opinion does not override the responsibility to show respect. :)
  • OK, I am married and I originally googled about selling my Ronald Joyce Chanel wedding dress which came up with the designer website i originally listed. I contacted them about specifically selling my wedding dress and they pointed me to their other site swapmydress which has a wedding dress section so yes i have two posts which are related by my looking to sell a designer chanel wedding dress.

I listed for 30 days, had some interest but it didnt sell but as it was free I didnt mind and I can list again.
  • There is a wedding fair in Barnet, North London on the 16th February where there is a Second Hand Market Stall where all second hand wedding items can be sold. Their email is londoneventsuk@gmail.com
  • Hello,
    There is a lovely second hand dress boutique in Edinburgh - http://www.blissstudio.co.uk/
    Not sure if you'd have to go up there or whether you could post it. Maybe worth looking into?
    CR xx
  • crystal_fire
    crystal_fire Posts: 229 Forumite
    If I put mine on eBay would it be more trouble than it's worth as it was made to fit so I'm unsure of size! It's roughly a 20/22 any advice ps I'm not a bot this is the first hit when you google sell wedding dress UK ��
    :starmod:If you dance with the devil, the devil don't change. The devil changes you:starmod:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure