Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    CMA Communications
    7 WOW
    Do you use TopCashback or Quidco? Help our investigation.
    • 7th Nov 18, 5:39 PM
    7 WOW
    Do you use TopCashback or Quidco? Help our investigation. 7th Nov 18 at 5:39 PM

Have you ever saved money or bagged a bargain using the websites TopCashback or Quidco?

These 2 websites offer cashback offers and deals to people in the UK. The Competition and Markets Authority is currently investigating their anticipated merger to make sure it doesn't lead to worse deals for the people who use their sites.

As part of the investigation, we need your help.

We'd like to hear from anyone who has used TopCashback or Quidco.

We'd like to know:
    • Why do you use TopCashback or Quidco?
    • Which other sites would you have used if these sites hadn't been available?
    • Do you have any views on the merger between TopCashback and Quidco?

If you'd like to help our investigation, please comment on this thread or send an email with your views to topcashback.quidco@cma.gov.uk

Read MSE's news story for more information about the merger.

We look forward to hearing from you!
    Last edited by CMA Communications; 08-11-2018 at 9:55 AM.
Page 2
  • CMA Communications
    Thanks very much for all of your comments - they're really useful for our investigation.

We'd love to hear as many views on the merger of TopCashback and Quidco as possible, so please keep commenting your thoughts on this thread. We look forward to reading them!
    Official Organisation Representative
    Iím the official organisation rep for the Competitions and Markets Authority.

MSE has given permission for me to post. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. If you believe I've broken the Forum Rules please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. This does NOT imply any form of approval of my organisation by MSE
    • thor
    • By thor 18th Nov 18, 7:28 PM
    • 5,267 Posts
    • 1,887 Thanks
    thor
    I'm a member of both but stopped using topcashback almost 3 years ago when they claimed that Argos had not paid them so they could not pay me. They said that argos told them I had returned an item. I had not and I had an email from Argos stating that I still had my purchase but this was not good enough for topcashback. The one and only time I had a payment refused when using Quidco, they paid out of their own coffers hence my preference for them.
    As for the merger, I'm against it if it means that the new company imports any of topcashback's business practices.
    • rhys1984
    • By rhys1984 19th Nov 18, 9:00 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rhys1984
    This merger would massively reduce competition in the market. You regularly find that TopCashback and Quidco offer exclusive Cashback rates and promotions - so any reduction in the number of market participants would seriously hamper competition. Considering the fact that Quidco and TopCashback are widely regarded as the two leading cashback sites (and often people are only familiar with Quidco and TopCashback), any merger would be detrimental to competition. If your remit is to encourage competition within the market and discourage anti-competitive behaviour, this merger should clearly be blocked.
    • smittenbee
    • By smittenbee 20th Nov 18, 8:42 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    smittenbee
    Stopped using TCB when two travel trips failed to track and I lost around £80. Vowed never to return.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,228Posts Today

9,898Users online

Martin's Twitter