PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Oooh - lambs liver, onions, mash and rich brown gravy - one of DH's favourites. I always buy mine from the butcher (Westlands Mrs L!) as I can get nice slices instead of the scutty sized pieces you the to get in the SM. By the way Martin's on ITV at 8pm if anyone is interested.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Another vote for lambs liver here. Also you can get frozen New Zealand lamb's liver very cheaply from Sainsbugs which is delicious casseroled with some bacon and onions. New Zealand lamb is grass fed/ free range and if not organic, it comes close enough for me
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Thank you! I knew you could help. :D
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Another one who loves lamb's liver here, and chicken livers done with cream and mushrooms.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Right I've ordered chicken liver as trying to nudge the family into it gently. I was just about to ask how to cook them but the Mardy one has already told me. I shouldn't have cream but a one off will be fine. Then lamb liver, bacon and onions. :D
  • mardatha wrote: »
    The thought of beans or tomatoes in shepherds pie makes me cringe!

How about a little Kale or Swiss Chard then for a change?
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Google it Fuddle, I think chicken liver needs only minutes on a low heat. They are melt in the mouth tender and lovely :)
    LP I think mince and onions will do me LOL !
  • Pig's liver or lamb's liver are the most tender. Ox liver tends to be a bit tough unless you cook it slowly. (My father was in the butchery trade.)
  • These are great wrapped in streaky bacon, secured with a toothpick and cooked on a barbecue. You could also do them under the grill, take a few minutes.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Had liver and mash in the pub the other night. I don't eat a lot of meat so people are rather surprised that i eat liver. I was the only one at school who ate school dinner liver - it was the Smash that I didn't like, so my friend and i would swap. She ate my mash and i had her liver....

Had thought myself about doing chicken livers - OH has gone very low carb so i am trying to find things to keep him interested in food.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure