Tesco mobile cancelled my contract ?

2»

Comments

• Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,865
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The problem with using a DD indemnity claim would be that Tesco would still feel they were entitled to the funds and would pass the dept to a collections company. They would add their own fee's and could send agents to collect from you. Which would put you in a worse case than you're in now.

It would make more sense to try to resolve it with them over the next few days before going down the reclaim route. . .
  • :cool:
    Jon_01 wrote: »
    The problem with using a DD indemnity claim would be that Tesco would still feel they were entitled to the funds and would pass the dept to a collections company. They would add their own fee's and could send agents to collect from you. Which would put you in a worse case than you're in now.

It would make more sense to try to resolve it with them over the next few days before going down the reclaim route. . .

If this is the case I'd deal with it if it got that way and argue my case and say why wasn't the direct debit re attempted and why would they continue taking 2 more payments before deciding to cancel the contract. It's not like I haven't paid for months and been issued a default notice or anything and they haven't given me any prior warning.

If it's passed to a debt collection agency then I'd simply make an offer of repayment per month until the debt is cleared. I've got a newborn baby and I simply cannot afford to have that amount of money coming out of my account in one go.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes, but can you take the hit on your credit record? You need to read your contract very carefully to see what that says. I'm unfamiliar with TM contracts
  • If what you say above is true (don't take personal offence but I'm not someone who believes without reservation whatever people post on here) then send a registered letter to:-

Tesco Mobile Limited, Dumers Lane, Radcliffe, Bury BL9 9QL.

Outline everything without exception, obviously this will take more time but that's inevitable.

As for asking the bank I highly suspect that they'd say no but you can only ask I suppose. Did you ever have any missed payments earlier with Tesco?
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    they took £375, direct debit when the agreed payment by direct debit is only £18.09.
    a payment of 18.09 wasn't made in august. Surely they can't take a payment of £375.
    August payment was rejected by the bank september and October payment taken fine then novemeber payment was a whopping £375. So still unsure why they've done this .
    they still took September and October payments no problem then just decided to take £375 in novemeber for that payment and when I ask why it's because I missed August payment.
    As they haven't given me any prior warning to changing the amount from £18.09 to £375 like I said surely they can't cancel my contract and take X amount of remaining months
    for an apparent missed payment in August when they continued to take payments by direct debit in September and October .
    several months before the August payment was taken then returned them incontinuted to pay for 2 more months before Tesco decided to cancel on my and also £375 out of my account..
    They continue to take September and October payments so I didnt realise anything was even wrong and then go and cancel my contract this month and take out £375 without informing me .

Can you clarify what actually happened ? Im not sure you have said it enough times !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure