Travel Insurance over 80

Options
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping for a bit of advice on travel insurance for my mum. She is 80 and currently has 2 trips planned this year - Krakow for a long weekend and Vancouver in September for 3 weeks. I am currently compiling a list of travel insurance companies that provide for the over 80s, but finding it difficult to judge how good they are if something goes wrong. Most online reviews concentrate on how easy it was to buy the insurance, not on how good the company were if they needed to claim. Does anyone have any personal experience of claiming from the following companies (some were recommended by Which and others by the Telegraph) or any suggestions on which are best value for money (not necessarily the cheapest).

Blue Bear Travel, Covered2go, Holidaysafe, Insuredtotravel, Nowicantravel, Circle Cover, Insure & Go, RAC, Saga, Staysure, Age UK Travel Insurance, All Clear Insurance,
Avanti Travel Insurance, Flexicover, Freedom Insurance, Holidaysafe Insurance,
Insurancewith, JD Travel Insurance, PJ Hayman (FreeSpirit), Columbus Direct,
World First

I should also say my mum is currently in excellent health and, aside from an underactive thyroid, recent cataract surgery and taking statins (due to a family history), does not have any medical issues that could cause problems.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• PrivateClients
    Options
    As a broker we use PJ Hayman, AllClear and Citybond SureTravel. We have not experienced any issues when our clients have claimed with any of these companies. I generally find a competitive quote amongst these three - All Clear are good with existing medical conditions in that you can nearly always cover them - even if they want a little extra premium. Citybond less accepting generally, but if in good health I think their rates are fair and they will do 85 years on annual travel too.
    Lloyds broker working in Private Clients and Property Owners.

Looking to help and be helped.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport