MSE Poll: How did you fare financially in 2017?

Poll started 27 December 2017

How did you fare financially in 2017?

With the year drawing to a close, we wanted to find out if you’re financially better off now than you were at the start of January 2017.

Whether you saved money, paid off debt, overspent, borrowed, had a pay rise etc, tell us how your household finances fared over the past year.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Interesting that, at first glance, improvement in finances seems to be more in evidence than other categories.

Of course, this could be that all the respondents are MSE readers?
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,276
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The results so far do look odd. Wages are going up slower than inflation, yet in most categories, the most popular vote is for better off. Must be from reading MSE.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My finances are in better shape, so at first glance it all looks good, but they're still not in good shape. And I could only tick that box because because I've finally got all my disability benefits in place again.

Almost two years ago I lost my PIP award and we were down to subsistence income. 6 months ago I had a teenage son going through chemo and was being offered food bank vouchers because of the extra financial pressures. Now, I've finally got the PIP back, my son got through his chemo, and we have enough to live on and service the debt which grew in that period.
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure