PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Comments

• ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    All this talk of moving spurs me on to de-clutter. I am happy to say the loft is all but empty since we had the house modernised by the landlord. Hubby still had football kits up there from when he ran kids teams 40 years ago!

DD is moving soon as possible as her and her OH are splitting up - quite a relief to be honest. He isn't a bad bloke but was dragged up without much emotion and is not very helpful. Hopefully it will be an amicable split. The peace in the house when he works away is amazing. She has so much to cope with due to Dgs and Daddy isn't very supportive. Realistically we do most of the support and that's not from forcing it but from necessity.

Hubby has been very poorly this week, yet another infection so he has been in bed mostly so I have become stir crazy. Luckily I have plenty to do and of course Dgd is here 2 days a week though the logistics of getting her to and from has been difficult. My arthritis has been bad and with only one working arm pushing a buggy a couple of miles left me exhausted. I had a good rest though and soon recovered.

I will be buying a new cooker next week, at last, and am so looking forward to having 4 rings working :D simple pleasures. Also an oven that reaches a proper temperature to follow recipes sounds good :j

Right off to bed and read a good book, if I have one left after all the de-cluttering.
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well we did not get a nice day it was very cloudy all day. So even old folk law is not true any more. Was the red sky another "alternative fact"?

Polly I do hope you get an appointment for your DD on Monday.

No monna I am not all packed. No where to put my case once it is packed it will fall of the top of the pile in DS's room. My chest of draws if covered with bits and pieces to pack and GDS's birthday present is on the coffee table waiting to be wrapped.

I have my Euros, and I finally got some white felt for the eyes on the dead fish hats so I can finish them off tonight. I have ended up having to buy a pack of 6 sheets of felt all different colours, hopefully DD will find a use for them. The good news is I manged to get some in a pound shop so only cost me £1.

mcculloch can't you take the stuff that was not so good to a charity shop. Someone will find a use for them I am sure.

Lyn Good luck with sorting everything out ready for selling. One great think about always being on the move is you never accumulate much. You are bound to have a lot to sort.
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Welcome to Kim look forward to getting to know you xx
    McCulloch fingers crossed for you
    Nursemaggie hope you have a lovely time
    Monna hoping the right house comes up for you soon
  • My word, we're not only going to fill the car but also the trailer!!! I'm having to play stepping stones across the store room floor as there are so many boxes of stuff to go! My walking pal Sue is also setting up a stall next to ours so I can flip between the two if things get busy as they have sold their house already and are looking to move to Cornwall and she also has many extra to needs possessions to dispose of. Should be fun with all of us there to play with Joe Public and as she says 'sell it for what you can get because all I want is to NOT take it home again!' which is a sound philosophy and usually great fun!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Good morning everyone! Lovely day here so far. I woke quite early so thought I might as well get up.

((HUGS)) ginnyknit, I hope your arthritis improves today and that mr ginnyknit does likewise. What a stressful time you've been having - I hope things calm down for you and that all will go well for your DD.

Hester What a rotten thing for work to do to CHS, sounds entirely typical though :mad:

Lyn Somehow I managed to miss that you're doing a bootsale or similar, good luck!

Just watching Trump in Saudi Arabia, goodness knows who he'll upset while he's there :eek:
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler

mcculloch can't you take the stuff that was not so good to a charity shop. Someone will find a use for them I am sure.
    Strictly speaking we are not supposed to dispose of anything Amazon send us to review, as they may be trial versions of a product. After six months though, ownership does pass to us, in theory. ;)
    Until the six months is up Amazon can recall items if they wish. Sometimes - and it's never happened to me - there will be a safety recall on an item.
    Proof copies of books have to go in the recycling eventually, but not every book sent to me to review is a proof copy, some are the final published article. Cookbooks are usually the finished thing, as most proof copies don't have illustrations and illustrations are sooo important.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Happy Holidays nursemaggie.
    Good luck with the de-cluttering Mrs LW, have you found anywhere yet?
    Welcome Kim, lovely bunch on here.

Our run of sunshine seems to have come to an end, very showery for the last few days.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,112 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    vitamin B and garlic apparently repel them...
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    greenbee wrote: »
    vitamin B and garlic apparently repel them...

What do they repel, greenbee?

Only one more sleep nursemaggie!
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,112 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    What do they repel, greenbee?

Biting things :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories