Another Tesco Massive Price Increase

Options

Comments

• spaceboy
    spaceboy Posts: 1,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Would be nice to see some Tesco stores close.
  • cheap_charlie
    Options
    I wonder if they will have to drop their "every little helps" slogan given they seem to be increasing the price of everything. I certainly no longer believe their slogan rings true.

I seem to recall Sainsburys had to change their slogan and branding when it was proved they weren't anything like as cheap as they were claiming to be.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010 - member 402 :)

• spaceboy
    spaceboy Posts: 1,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    "every little helps...us" should be their slogan.
  • Bexbox2
    Bexbox2 Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    I was buying online Tesco Value white bread rolls pack of 12 for 22p which was a real bargain but I see today they are now 42p online! Quite an increase :(
    We do not inherit the earth from our fathers, we borrow it from our grandchildren
  • ivfmummy
    ivfmummy Posts: 219 Forumite
    Options
    I agree the bread flour I like went from 69p to £1.19. Just come back from Aldi, will get a lot of staples from there now.
  • Geordie_bear
    Options
    aless02 wrote: »
    Cat food's OUTRAGEOUS now in Tesco. Our snobby cat will only Whiskas & posher, so that's what we get her. Used to be around the £3 mark for 6x400g cans, now it's £3.37!! Sainsbury's is around £3.15 and the Morrisons where the in-laws live (we live in central London, booo) carries it for £3.02. Grrrrrrrr...
    ..tell me about it, out pampered tom cats will only eat Go Cat. They used to eat the cheaper stuff but we tried it on Go Cat by accident & now they won't eat anything else :D
  • willowthecat
    Options
    aless02 wrote: »
    Cat food's OUTRAGEOUS now in Tesco. Our snobby cat will only Whiskas & posher, so that's what we get her. Used to be around the £3 mark for 6x400g cans, now it's £3.37!! Sainsbury's is around £3.15 and the Morrisons where the in-laws live (we live in central London, booo) carries it for £3.02. Grrrrrrrr...

Tell me about it! Although in my case there sems to be a bit of price fixing going on between Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda.

I used to buy the Sainsburys own brand 1.2kg tin dog food which up until last week was 76p a tin. This week it is £1.20 a tin. Tesco and Asda's own brand dog food was about 95p a tin, so checked on mysupermarket.com yesterday, and both Tesco and Asda had put the price up to...you guessed it, £1.20 a tin.

As I have three dogs, with one of them being the size of a small horse, I usually get through 14 cans a week. So at the moment my dog food bill has increased to £28 a month until I can find a cheaper alternative :mad:
  • onesonsmum
    Options
    I have had so many useful tips/savings from these forums that I decided to join as soon as I found a useful saving. Forgive if you already know about this.

ASDA are selling their 2% semi skimmed milk for 97p thats right 97p, althou on the shelf it flashed as £1.06. This was the price I paid today at leyton mills ,London.

I've also noticed the sneeking price increases and thought I was the only one, you lot are real savvy shoppers thank goodness.

happy shopping and thanks again peeps:rotfl:
  • Schamansky
    Options
    Those with cats or dogs may want to give Aldi's pet food a try. It's all made in Liechtenstein, strangely enough. Where our cat is concerned, he seems to prefer Aldi's "Vitacat" (33p per small tin), especially the fishy flavours, over Tesco's own brand. And he can be very fussy. The dog doesn't care what she gets as long as the bowl's full. So she'll be on Aldi's food, too, as soon as we run out of Tesco cans. Aldi's dog food is called Earl, and there are small cans at 33p and also large ones under a pound. The dog mixer bags are reasonably priced, too.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ..tell me about it, out pampered tom cats will only eat Go Cat. They used to eat the cheaper stuff but we tried it on Go Cat by accident & now they won't eat anything else :D

You guys had it lucky! My mum's cat (now died) would only eat sheba and the other tiny pot of stuff- or BK whoppers...

Cat had sense though- have you ever opened up and been overwhelmed with the stench of the chemicals comming from the value/cheaper ranges? its on another league from Whiskars/ felix etc, I wouldnt touch it if I were a cat either!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure