Another Tesco Massive Price Increase

Comments

• echelon101
    echelon101 Posts: 279 Forumite
    felicity1 wrote: »
    I too am fed up of seeing the Tesco ads for cheap junk food .

Me too, oh great I can pick up 8 hamburgers for 97p but they will be crap and tiny. I want cheap, healthy food in large amounts. I know some supermarkets are now pimping these 50p/£1 bags of fruit/veg but they are small and a few pence more in the loose section can get about 500-1kg more, especially with potatoes.
    Buy for value not cost.
    Feb Grocery = £55.87 / 80
  • Keleva
    Keleva Posts: 43 Forumite
    I've also noticed that since Tesco "rebranded" their value lines, their prices have gone up - although I also appreciate that goods are going up anyway :)

Eg, Their value mushrooms used to be £1.29 for 750gms. They are now sold as "Market Value", in smaller boxes (350 gms max?) for about 75p (Going from memory here)

Milk is hugely expensive now. I choose to buy organic, but often I time it for when the reduced milk is being put out and buy it all and freeze it :) I very rarely pay full price and have never had any problems with it.
  • sinw
    sinw Posts: 7,771 Forumite
    think we need a cheap staples thread so we can find those essentials at their cheapest without running in and out of each poopermarket

I cant make sence this recession, people have not got nuf money, so supermarkets, newspapers etc.. put their prices up to keep their profit margins high - really they sell less cos people aint got nuf money and dont buy as much. As for a free market economy; well dont get me started, the basxxrds (companies) been robbing people for ages an now they are getting bailed out by goverments (taxpayers/us again) double whammy - i say let it all slip n slide
    SIMPLES!
  • You will also find that waitrose are making discount offers that are the same as those seen on morrison adverts. This is a big sign that price wars are going to start reducing prices in bigger grocers.
  • Another item which has really made me cross is the Value Line beetroot. Didn't have any jars of beetroot at all for a spell in our Extra store. It has now appeared at the front of the store at 45p when the equivalent is 19p and 20p in Asda and Morrisons. I was so irate I pointed it out at CS. They couldn't believe it but that is as far as it goes. I would liked to have tackled the manager!
  • sinw
    Another item which has really made me cross is the Value Line beetroot. Didn't have any jars of beetroot at all for a spell in our Extra store. It has now appeared at the front of the store at 45p when the equivalent is 19p and 20p in Asda and Morrisons. I was so irate I pointed it out at CS. They couldn't believe it but that is as far as it goes. I would liked to have tackled the manager!

open a jar an throw it at him
    SIMPLES!
  • topmum
    topmum Posts: 387 Forumite
    But Dawn French says Tesco are the UKs 'biggest discounters' in the ad????? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    :rotfl:
  • sinw
    Me thinks she neva been in Tesco to shop only to pik up her big fat cheque and some free chocs (see Dibley)

I caught Morrisons out on BOGOF the other week:

Pizza bogof £1.99p

however

Shoved them up 50p as before that they were £1.49p

be careful out there x
    SIMPLES!
  • Aletank
    Aletank Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I use to buy the Tesco Ice Cream until the recent price increase, It use to be £3for 2, now it's £1.99 each. Thats somethin else I'm goin back Iceland for!
  • iris
    iris Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I used to buy Tesco's value tinned peaches at 16p a tin earlier this year. Then they went up to 32p:eek: ..... they are now 29p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure