Populus Live

Comments

• funnyguy
    funnyguy Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    Surprised that so many of you take ages to reach £50.I get x 2 £50 cheques every year from them.I was last paid in August and I am already on £29
  • I like them but find it a bit hit or miss if I receive surveys from them. Some weeks I can receive 3 or 4 survey invites but them might not receive another invite for over 2 months.
    Operation House Move £11993.60/£25000 (47% achieved)
    Save £12k in 2015 #135 (£390.21 / £2400) (16%)
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Very hit and miss for me.

I would say 66% of the surveys are either closed by the time I open them (even within an few minutes of getting the email) or kick me out after 2/3 questions. Out of the remaining surveys, about half kick me out 10 or so questions in, with the remaining half allowing me to finish.
  • I have done their surveys and yes they pay out, just received and cash a cheque for £50 last week, it took around 4-6 months to complete enough surveys to get to the £50.
    Sometimes they send out surveys 2-3 a week, then nothing for the next 2-3 weeks, it seems to depend on their "requirements" on a survey and what your past answers e.g. job type, married, single and other similar lifestyle factors. At the beginning I used to get rejected for surveys as I do not match their criteria, but now I seem to fill around 90% of their surveys or they are sending me out more targeting ones to my demographics, so getting £1/2 surveys quite often. and it's only been 2 weks since the payout and I have completed £7 worth of new surveys already.

I look at this as a 3-5 month £50 earnings for a few minutes of your time, do not expect to get rich quick on this place but you could earn around 50-150 per year based on my experience and that is a nice little bonus a few times per year.

One thing I have found is to try and pounce on the surveys as soon as they hit your inbox - do not wait until the next day as the allocation for that surveys sometimes goes quite quickly.

Hope this helps

Michael
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    I joined at the end of September and am already up to £20 from 8 surveys. Most of them are quite quick as well, they say it will take 20minutes and you can easily complete them in 10. Which makes a nice change, as often it's the otherway round!
  • I joined in September 1st and have just reached £50.

One of the better paying sites for me
  • I have done them for 4 months on the trot.
    I have "earned" at least £4 a month but never ever seen a penny in payment.
    They ask for bank details including personal data, so be warned, if anyone other than your bank and the government ask for personal data, give then something else mso it can not be misused and you can remember to give the " other" data without error.

Example is use 01/01/1980 as a DOB (unless you were born then.
    Your mothers maiden name is now SMITH, unless you are actually a smith child, in which case use Jones.

I too am almost ineligible for any survey, whether I am flush or poor, male or female, young or old.
    If you don't want a new phone in the next few months or years, say you do.
    Careful as they also go for sex orientation, salary, religion, political party ( I am now in UKIP otherwise I expect an unwanted delivery of some sort). If you go "prefer not to say" for all of them, after 15 minutes of the survey they tell you you are now ineligible.
    Certainly ineligible to get a payment.

So where is my £30 or £40? I gave up counting 2 months ago.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have done them for 4 months on the trot.
    I have "earned" at least £4 a month but never ever seen a penny in payment.
    They ask for bank details including personal data, so be warned, if anyone other than your bank and the government ask for personal data, give then something else mso it can not be misused and you can remember to give the " other" data without error.

Example is use 01/01/1980 as a DOB (unless you were born then.
    Your mothers maiden name is now SMITH, unless you are actually a smith child, in which case use Jones.

I too am almost ineligible for any survey, whether I am flush or poor, male or female, young or old.
    If you don't want a new phone in the next few months or years, say you do.
    Careful as they also go for sex orientation, salary, religion, political party ( I am now in UKIP otherwise I expect an unwanted delivery of some sort). If you go "prefer not to say" for all of them, after 15 minutes of the survey they tell you you are now ineligible.
    Certainly ineligible to get a payment.

So where is my £30 or £40? I gave up counting 2 months ago.

The personal details that they ask for are your date of birth, name and address. They also ask you to create a website. If you don't provide your date of birth then you cannot use that to verify your identity if you have an account problem. Without your name and address they cannot send you your cheque.

If you bothered to do any research you would have seen, from the comment directly above yours, and from the website itself, that the cashout threshold is £50. You also don't need to count your earnings as you can just login to the website and click 'My Earnings'.

I tell the truth when going for surveys, for pretty much all surveys, and by filling in any profile surveys I can almost always get into one of their surveys. If you give genuine information then many companies try to match you with their target demographic.

The reason you're not eligible halfway through the survey is most likely because you've lied and they've noticed through the questions they ask you. Generally I am told if I am not eligible within 10-15% of a survey, which is usually just a few questions.

Also, before posting on MSE in the 'Up Your Income' thread it is best to check your facts before making wild assumptions about companies misusing data and not paying people. You've been mistaken, this is a genuine company that pays out when you reach £50. The details are clearly stated on the website and there is nothing suspicious about this website, as you'd see on MSE from the number of people who have received their £50 payouts.
  • I like the Populus Live surveys. Lots of them are political and ask for your opinions, which I find is a refreshing change and makes me feel as if I'm contributing to real research (as opposed to things like stating how 'close' I feel to mobile phone providers!). I can see why anyone who puts 'prefer not to answer' would get screened out of their surveys - it isn't that they are collecting irrelevant data, your political beliefs etc are exactly the things they are asking about in the survey.
  • Cottage_Economy
    Cottage_Economy Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 January 2014 at 10:02PM
    Gaiamoon wrote: »
    It is a genuine company, but if you make a slight mistake, they will not accept any of your answers, and send you a really nasty, rude message, basically accusing you of cheating. They do not respond when you attempt to contact them, so the only recourse is to unbsubscribe.

I had this. I'd been doing a survey for 40 minutes late and my eyes were tired, so I ended up misreading the question. It was the last demographic question too.

I misinterpreted/misunderstood 'under 18' for 'over 18' so when I put in the answer it contradicted a previous answer. Instant disqualification and accused of being unreliable and inconsistent.

A simple 'are you sure about your last answer?' would have been better in my opinion, but I guess they do get a lot of people who lie to get the cash and have to check.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback