jimbo6977 Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No Subarus on the list?
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lexus RX450 is where my money will be going. Our 16 year old RX300 is serving us well, apart from the low MPG figures, cannot grumble.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Honda HR-V?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As you get older, safety and stability are no doubt key concerns. I understand Freelanders survive accidents well, even allowing emergency egress through the sun roof.

If safety and stability are the prime concern you don't want to be going for SUVs and Land Rover type vehicles as they're very poor when it comes to stability due to the higher centre of gravity making them poor on rapid direction changes, they take longer to stop because of the weight and they don't usually fare the best in accidents.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    If safety and stability are the prime concern you don't want to be going for SUVs and Land Rover type vehicles as they're very poor when it comes to stability due to the higher centre of gravity making them poor on rapid direction changes, they take longer to stop because of the weight and they don't usually fare the best in accidents.

Whooooosh!
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    to conclude. ended up buying Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 2018. 100miles on clock. Basic model from dealer £17500. Kia was too small, Peugeot OK but 1lr/3cyls. Kuga/Quashai a little 'samey. Did like the VW Tiguan though
  • danny91
    danny91 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Volvo XC60/90??
  • danny91
    danny91 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Ignore my last post haha
  • jon505
    Options
    Please do look at the MPG (and running costs). Had a customer the other day buy a Range Rover SUV- big engine and complained at 18 mpg. I have owned 4 4x4 in my time. All cost me the earth. If I were to chose again I would go with a Honda CRV but you are 6.6 tall so look around and remember- there is always another car out there.
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As you get older, safety and stability are no doubt key concerns. I understand Freelanders survive accidents well, even allowing emergency egress through the sun roof.

Well it made me laugh. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport