Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 5
    • Paul Varjak
    • By Paul Varjak 16th Jan 19, 3:02 PM
    • 4,373 Posts
    • 2,833 Thanks
    Paul Varjak
    Jonathan de Vita definitely attended the initial hearing yesterday.
    • Minit
    • By Minit 16th Jan 19, 6:23 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Minit
    I believe Laura De Vita and Robynne Casswall also attended.
    • MR Blg
    • By MR Blg 16th Jan 19, 6:45 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    MR Blg
    Do we know if Mr Platt attended at all ?
    • Paul Varjak
    • By Paul Varjak 16th Jan 19, 9:42 PM
    • 4,373 Posts
    • 2,833 Thanks
    Paul Varjak
    The Crown Court is being mostly unhelpful and as it is a small court the same person always seems to answer the phone. At least I am now sure there are exactly seven defendants and the names I previously published are correct. I will try to get more information of exactly who attended yesterday's hearing and what the exact charges are against each defendant, from an alternative but equally authoritative source tomorrow.

This information (and more) should be available from the Court under S. 5.8 of the Criminal Procedure Rules but try telling the Court that!
    • Paul Varjak
    • By Paul Varjak 17th Jan 19, 9:28 AM
    • 4,373 Posts
    • 2,833 Thanks
    Paul Varjak
    All seven defendants attended the hearing. Charges may not be finalised until next next hearing
    • Paul Varjak
    • By Paul Varjak 18th Jan 19, 9:46 AM
    • 4,373 Posts
    • 2,833 Thanks
    Paul Varjak
    Tuesday this week marked the beginning of court involvement for Jonathan de Vita, Christopher Platt and five other defendants. Tomorrow (Saturday) marks the one-year anniversary of the official closure of De Vita Platt Solicitors by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
    • Paul Varjak
    • By Paul Varjak 18th Jan 19, 9:52 AM
    • 4,373 Posts
    • 2,833 Thanks
    Paul Varjak
    York Crown Court has no working computer network - its servers have been down for the past three days, so no information available.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,951Posts Today

5,497Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As normal I am signing off twitter for the weekend - to spend time with mini and Mrs MSE. Hope you have a wonderfu? https://t.co/FG3sRfkIgA

• RT @LauraFrancis9: Top crew! We may film in the freeeeeeeezing cold every week, but this bunch make it fun. (And huge thanks as always to @?

• Turns out this is all Google served. We've been in touch and it's shutting it down which should cut it on many webs? https://t.co/8OYeMjEu4n

• Follow Martin