MSE News: Ticketmaster customers warned their data may have been stolen

2»

Comments

• El_Rey
    El_Rey Posts: 402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Lilium - Who do you bank with? Their security processes need overhauling.

You should escalate the issues you mentioned with your bank and beyond.
  • Has anybody taken Ticketmaster up on there identity monitoring service offer? I see it's with Garlik, who are part of Experian.
    Is it worth having?
  • ben637
    ben637 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I made a purchase in May 2018 but have not received an email from TicketMaster. From the coverage it is my understanding that any purchase between Feb and June 2018 in the UK could be affected. The email is not in my junk! The first I heard about this was when my credit card was cancelled as a precaution. I have seen other providers have done the same. I wouldn't trust TicketMaster if they claim you are not affected, afterall they were first made aware of the breach months before and they investigated and dismissed the claims. They cannot be certain who is affected IMO.
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    ben637 wrote: »
    I made a purchase in May 2018 but have not received an email from TicketMaster. From the coverage it is my understanding that any purchase between Feb and June 2018 in the UK could be affected. The email is not in my junk! The first I heard about this was when my credit card was cancelled as a precaution. I have seen other providers have done the same. I wouldn't trust TicketMaster if they claim you are not affected, afterall they were first made aware of the breach months before and they investigated and dismissed the claims. They cannot be certain who is affected IMO.

Exactly the same happened to me - no email, just a new debit card turned up out of the blue that my bank said was due to potential fraud although there was nothing on my account (yet)
  • Got a letter in the post today saying 'Thank you for registering at X'. I've never been to this company's site before, so looks like somebody is trying to get things in my name.

And I don't think it's a co-incidence either.
  • teezie
    teezie Posts: 51 Forumite
    Just to update, I received that email in June. My bank did nothing...
    4 weeks ago my debit card was used to make several online purchases - Asda, Tesco, Amazon - only the Tesco one got delivered. Somehow they circumvented the verified by visa 'protection' which should kick in whenever having something delivered anywhere that isn't my billing address.

This weekend I received a text from my bank 'please respond yes or no if you attempted to make this purchase from lego online.
    Checked bank and credit card used this time for a few places. The system only picked up the one transaction though - yet again passed the Amazon security check.
    The bank asked me (Halifax) if I had any idea where my cards might have been compromised but it's taken me until today (when using ticket master again) to realise this was the one site I've used both cards.

So if you'd had that email many months ago - still cant be too careful .
  • As per many others I believe I have being effected by this issue.

I today got a call re fraud on my cred card. Luckily it was caught by the bank prior to any amount purchase going through this time. The only breach I can think of is the Ticketmaster hack.

I may have missed it, by all means direct me to it, has any official statement re what/who’s data has being taken - obviously I believe my card details have being obtained (now cancelled) but is it also personal data - name/address/date of birth/contact numbers etc...

Are they contacting those effected or is just wait and see?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure