My DRO progress

Options
Hi Guys, this is my DRO journey. I think it will help reduce my stress levels and worry if I talk to others while in the process. I don't really have the confidence to talk to anyone about it and my family and friends arnt aware. It took me a lot of courage to go to citizens advise.

I use to work full time doing 35 hours a week and I managed my finances okay then In February I lost my job and got a part time job and now I don't earn very much and used credit cards, Store cards and loans to keep me going.

CAB gave me the options available and a DRO seemed like the most suitable for me.They explained my options and went through my budget and agreed to send me an application pack.

I recieved my DRO application pack in the post. I filled in my application and posted it back straight away.

I had my phone interview. It took about 20 minutes and went okay. They are sending my bar code in the post and I just need to pay the £90 fee for my application. ( have to wait till pay day 25/5/18)Then they will send out my application and I'll have to check it over.

Things are finally progressing but I’m so nervous! All I want is a clean fresh slate and can move on. I hope it’s a straightforward application. I have so many questions in my head like what if it gets rejected? Does the letters in the post state DRO on the front? Can I lose my job? All the worry keeps me up at night. I constantly google and looks at other forums and comments.!

I know it’s daft but I’m petrified letters coming through the door. Recently had a letter come through and my parents got hold of the letter and all hell broke loose. I don’t want my parents to be ashamed or disappointed in me any more.

Will keep everyone updated.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

It’s natural to be nervous, but try not to worry, your application will not be submitted if the intermediary thinks there is a chance it will be rejected, once sent, it’s 99.9% likely to be approved.

Everything comes in a plain white envelope, if your a normal everyday worker, your job will not be affected in the slightest.

You should think of debt like any other problem, sometimes it cannot be helped, but there is always a solution, you have done the right thing.

I just wish more people who cannot afford their debts, would be as pro-active as you have been.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Sharni2627
    Sharni2627 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply !!!55357;!!!56833;

I received an email today that they have recieved my 3 credit references.

I really do Appreciate your advise. I just hope if there is anyone who can!!!8217;t talk to family or friends get the help they need also.

CAB have been amazing and supportive from the very start!

!!!55357;!!!56898;!!!55357;!!!56898;
  • Sharni2627
    Options
    So today I paid my £90 fee!! I phoned my intermediary and informed her the fee had been paid. The intermediary will now write up my draft and will send it in the post for me to check over.

Once I!!!8217;ve confirmed everything is okay she will apply! !!!55357;!!!56833;

Fingers crossed everything is starting to look up and go my way.
  • Sharni2627
    Options
    My application has been sent off today!

Nervous as hell! :(
  • Twubble
    Twubble Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    They won't send the application in if they think it will be turned down. They're really thorough with their checks, so you would know if there were any worries, so it could have been ironed out before this. You'll get some good news in a couple of days.
  • Sharni2627
    Options
    Thank you for your reply !!!55357;!!!56833;

Fingers crossed, should hear back in the next few days.
  • Sharni2627
    Options
    Still awaiting to hear back from intermediary. Hopefully hear back today or tomorrow.
  • Sharni2627
    Options
    :j I had intermediary phone me and my DRO has been granted! I’m over the moon and can have a fresh start! I advise anyone is financial difficulties to seek help. I appreciate this new start so much

Thanks for everyone support! :)
  • Twubble
    Twubble Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations. It really is a massive weight off the shoulders, isn't it?
  • snowwhyte
    snowwhyte Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations. How long did it take for your application to be processed with the CAB?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure