20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,073
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good to know you've got it under control - its not your iron levels that can be toxic though, it's the amount you consume. However, spirulina is unlikely to be able to achieve that, just be careful of other supplements. My iron supplementation was based on max dose for my weight at one point, so they kept weighing me to check they weren't poisoning me :) Unsurprisingly I had a high fibre diet to go with it ;)

I've given up having blood tests - I know when it gets worse as the symptoms come back (tinnitus being one of the first - or at least most noticeable ... actually I think irritability is probably first, it's just I don't notice it as much as other people do!) and then get my act together. I take iron, vit C, zinc and 'greens' as supplements when I travel (and fibre), but otherwise try to do with out them. If I eat properly, I'm fine. I just find it very difficult to do so consistently.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,061
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hope everything is ok DIA and you are just having a break from the internet.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Hope all is well with you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Sorry that you have not been at your best.
    Hopefully the WFH another day will help.
    Take care of you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Oh & good news on the cash.
    I may take that on board.
    I sometimes use my debit card too easily & it seems to add up all to quickly.
    Sure you will get the eye test sorted out soon.

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    It's interesting that you have chosen to become vegan , I have been looking at vegan cooking recently , but I think it's a step to far for me. I am mostly vegetarian these days , as I hate most meat .

Hope the roofer comes through with the job , then you will have confidence in getting more work done.

Sorry to hear about the migraine , hope you feel better now. Plus hope WFH more works for you , I personally couldn't do it , not disciplined enough.

Have a good weekend .
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,650
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Oh & good news on the cash.
    I may take that on board.
    I sometimes use my debit card too easily & it seems to add up all to quickly.
    Sure you will get the eye test sorted out soon.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence beanielou :)
    It's interesting that you have chosen to become vegan , I have been looking at vegan cooking recently , but I think it's a step to far for me. I am mostly vegetarian these days , as I hate most meat .

Hope the roofer comes through with the job , then you will have confidence in getting more work done.

Sorry to hear about the migraine , hope you feel better now. Plus hope WFH more works for you , I personally couldn't do it , not disciplined enough.

Have a good weekend .

WFH suits me and I am disciplined enough. I wouldn't want to do it all the time but going in twice a week will be a great help right now.

I hope the roofer works out. There is so much more to do to the house that I do need to get this done and move on to the next job.

Have a good weekend too Cumbria :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,868
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi DIA

Things do change when you get to your goals, it's only natural - and I also felt very uncertain about things. I think I am still adjusting tbh, I don't feel used to money being an OK thing and sometimes think I am just waiting for the next disaster so that it will be gone again. I'm slowing moving away from that way of thinking though.

A new routine makes sense. And post here whenever suits you. We're happy to listen but also happy to think that you don't need to be here and are off doing something more fun :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    Forumite
    Hi DIA

Things do change when you get to your goals, it's only natural - and I also felt very uncertain about things. I think I am still adjusting tbh, I don't feel used to money being an OK thing and sometimes think I am just waiting for the next disaster so that it will be gone again. I'm slowing moving away from that way of thinking though.

A new routine makes sense. And post here whenever suits you. We're happy to listen but also happy to think that you don't need to be here and are off doing something more fun :)

Rosa xx
    Thanks Rosa. I feel like I have been in a tunnel and emerged blinking in the light. But it is all good. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Forumite
    Now I work 3 days week from home, I can save £50 a month from my travel budget in May as long as I use one of my leisure days to walk everywhere. :T Everywhere I go is less than 5 miles away when I am off work, so I will be having one day a week as walk everywhere day. The £50 saved will go towards petrol costs when I start driving in June :)

A hygienist’s appointment attended. I don’t like going, but looking after my teeth is an important part of self-care. It was nice to be able to pay for it without worry. :)

Using cash has helped me spend less this week. I am down to £1.70 out of the £50 I took out last Wednesday. I have a full Ner0 card and my fares are covered until tomorrow so I will not need to spend until Thursday. £50 a week for everything except travel seems realistic going forward. I don’t mind spending if I need to, but I dislike the constant frittering away that can easily become the norm.

Avoiding YS shopping is beginning to save me money as I am eating from the freezer and just buying fruit and veg. The frantic search for food has gone. I know I have enough of everything. Frantic YS shopping was another source of stress for me it seems. The stress of debt affects all areas of life and I did not notice before.

I made soup today. I used miso instead of a meat stock and it came out great :)

My week has begun well. I hope yours has too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills