Learning to be an Adult

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy shiny new diary :)
    Keep posting!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cashed out £2.75 on Opinion Outpost today so when that goes through it will go straight into my amazon account. This will take my account up too £37.20. I've got a few other accounts that are due to cash out soon so i'm hoping that will go up to £50 by the end of the month.

I do valued opinions and I've decided that rather than getting my usual amazon vouchers i'm going to get Argos vouchers this time as my daughter needs to move out of her toddler soon. I've seen a bed in there that I like so i'm going to try and get as many vouchers from them to help cut down the cost.
  • I'm mooching through diaries (avoiding doing the chores).

With regards to eating better, could you batch cook something on a Monday when your boyfriend is there, the. Portion it up and put the left overs in one person size meals in the freezer? I do this regularly as hubby works away a lot.

Lasagne, curries, stews, all work well as 'Home made ready meals'
    It will take a few weeks to build up some variations, but will save you money and help you eat better long term.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • I'm mooching through diaries (avoiding doing the chores).

With regards to eating better, could you batch cook something on a Monday when your boyfriend is there, the. Portion it up and put the left overs in one person size meals in the freezer? I do this regularly as hubby works away a lot.

Lasagne, curries, stews, all work well as 'Home made ready meals'
    It will take a few weeks to build up some variations, but will save you money and help you eat better long term.

I do usually end up batch cooking but I then never fancy what I've got in! Which I know is me just being lazy. It's the same with me taking food to work. Stuff that i buy in Tesco always seems more appealing than home made sandwiches!

I have been good this week and I have bought food from home every day. So my lunches at work are at least getting better.

Planning is definitely the key and being stricter on myself will definitely help. Maybe I need to give myself one day a week where I am allowed to buy food so that it doesn't seem like i'm too strict on myself! Which I realise seems ridiculous but it seems to satisfy my weird brain!
  • Got my opinion outpost voucher so that's gone straight into my amazon account. My VO is sitting at £7.50 and has been for a few days. I keep getting surveys and then getting screened out which is really frustrating. Just seen there are a few more on there now so may have a go and see if I can boost that figure!
  • So I've still not managed to cash out on VO but I did on crowdology so I've got a £10 voucher coming my way soon.

I also but £100 into my emergency fund which is quite exciting as I've never had savings before! I set up a separate account with Tesco so I do have a card for it but I've just filed the card and pin in my file so i'm not tempted to use it but I can access the money if I need to get hold of it.

I've also started getting the payment details from all my creditors so I've spent the evening setting up their payment details in my account so I can start paying them my token payments. I feel like things are slowly coming together which is nice. I'm off to read some other diaries to keep me on track! I find it really motivational reading other peoples diaries and coming on this site definitely keeps me motivated.
  • Which survey sites are you using???? List them I am kind of a survey guru note my ytd signature.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Which survey sites are you using???? List them I am kind of a survey guru note my ytd signature.

I use valued opinions, onepoll, yougov, panel opinion, ipsos, prolific academic, opinion outpost, crowdology and populous live.
  • I got my crowdology voucher through today which is much quicker than I was expecting as it says up to 3 weeks on their website. So that's gone straight into my amazon account which is sitting at £47.20 so i'm definitely in track to hit my £50 target for the end of the month.

I'm not sure how much i'm aiming to save in vouchers for Christmas but i'm just trying to get as much saved as possible in order to lighten the load! I think £200 would be a good amount to aim for and at the rate i'm going at the moment that should definitely be doable.

I also have a couple of apps on my phone , Shopprize, Receipt hog and Shoppix which I take photos of my receipts and get points. I usually get about £5 a months from doing that which all adds up in the end.

I also have £100 sat in my Quidco account which I'm waiting to be confirmed so I can cash out, it seems to be really slow at paying out at the moment which is quite frustrating. Not sure if anyone else has that problem or if it's just me?
  • Quidco from experience tend to be horrendous and exceedingly slow. A few months back ie Xmas i bought loads of stuff from argos and used quidco and topcashback re obtaining cashback, on the same retailer items bought at the same time T.C. paid out miles quicker.

re survey sites try below

Opinium research

Opinion Outpost

Power of opinions

and onepoll.com

and prolific academic.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure