This Duo's debt free journey

Comments

• I am, I was worrying a little about the amount of electric I had left on the meter but now I don't have to worry about it at all, its a huge relief.

I'm not surprised. It's like a little Christmas present for you!
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • I just wanted to pop by and say hello as you'd been so helpful on my diary :)

Had a quick read and I can relate to you feeling down/lost, some days I wake up and think I'm a badass and I've got this, the next I literally crawl out of bed and don't want to face the world. A good friend once said to me the phrase life isn't easy isn't correct, it's living that isn't always easy.

But actually, seeing how you are budgeting and getting that debt down is pretty inspiring so keep your head up and keep going! Set those targets but don't beat yourself up if something comes up which means it isn't achieved - that's life!

Have subscribed to cheer you on :T
    Debt Total October 2017 £20,511.27 :eek::eek:
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thank you TTBF. I am glad you found my comments helpful. Yes some days are more difficult than others, I agree with your friends quote, all we can do is take each day as it comes. I'm in a position at the moment where I'm a little unsure on what to do so I think the best thing is probably to do nothing and just see what happens.

Last night I dug out my old notepad that I was using for my finances up to March this year, my starting debt was £12,242.84 on 19th May 16, when I look at this it really shows me how far I have come and I have to remember this. This whole process is definitely a long one and we learn constantly, I have come so far in that space of time although did have a blip over the summer where I wasn't really watching my finances, if I had then I would probably be around £1000 better off right now. I can't undo that so I need to learn from it and move forward.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • DebtFreeDuo
    I am really struggling with half term, I'm really torn between trying to be sensible but also wanting to treat DS, we went out to the park followed by some lunch today. I have just completed a survey on PA for £6 which makes me feel slightly better and I did list a couple of things on eBay. I will be back later to report the full damage. I also want to take him out tomorrow for a nice walk somewhere, I will do some research this evening on somewhere free and exciting to go and will take a packed lunch with us to minimise spends as much as possible.
  • I am really struggling with half term, I'm really torn between trying to be sensible but also wanting to treat DS, we went out to the park followed by some lunch today. I have just completed a survey on PA for £6 which makes me feel slightly better and I did list a couple of things on eBay. I will be back later to report the full damage. I also want to take him out tomorrow for a nice walk somewhere, I will do some research this evening on somewhere free and exciting to go and will take a packed lunch with us to minimise spends as much as possible.

Having the same issue too. It's hard to balance. I'm going to the library tomorrow. That'll hopefully help!

Starting afresh.

• DebtFreeDuo
    It is so hard, I think I am going to have to create a pot just for half/end of term! I need to find a nice balance in time for the Christmas break otherwise I am really going to find myself struggling!
  • Yes, I know what you mean. I'm going to change my bank account for all my bills. That way I'll have an exact idea of how much I have left and portion some of it off.

Starting afresh.

• DebtFreeDuo
    I did some research into my loans today, I thought that the 58 day interest rule applied throughout the whole loan period BUT for the last 12 months its only 28 days interest, this should therefore save me around £20 by paying it off early rather than the £10 that I thought wouldn't make it worth it, I think the £20 definitely makes it worth it.

My aims for repayments are:

January 18: Pay off car loan £2080
    May 18: Pay off loan £1060 and possibly pay off CC £900

I'm going to decide closer to the time whether I pay both the loan and the CC or just the loan, it really depends on how much money it leaves me with for the summer. If I can make enough money from surveys in the first part of the year then this will bring the amount below £900. The card is interest free until April 2019 so there really isn't a big rush and if I don't pay it off then I will at least set the monthly payment at £50.
  • Sounds like a plan. I've been reading other threads and going down the 1% route.

I'm loving payday to payday wanting to keep paying when I can go 1% at a time!

X

Starting afresh.

• DebtFreeDuo
    What is the 1% route? Its really difficult for me to do things like 'payment a day' and rounding my account down because of only receiving my finance 3 times per year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure