This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Owning horses sounds as frustrating as it does rewarding! I will rein in my moaning about cleaning out the aquarium tonight, a piece of cake by comparison :)

If your overdrawn accounts have charges associated, be sure to sort those out as a priority before looking at emergency savings etc.
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If your overdrawn accounts have charges associated, be sure to sort those out as a priority before looking at emergency savings etc.

On it :) We have savings accounts with small bits of cash in so I've moved that into overdrawn accounts. I will close all savings accounts except the two I want to use tomorrow (when any remaining interest is paid in).

watty are you currently saveing into a EF to build it up or are you putting it all toward paying business back ?

I'm putting everything towards paying the business back. This month has been very tight cashflow wise and I need to hold some working capital again in the company so I need to pay back and build that up first.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Thank goodness for Internet banking. It makes emergency shuffling much easier.
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Have just found (and read) this thread - super inspiring! :) Congrats on MF-ness, Watty, and I hope the cash flow/bank account situations resolve themselves soon.

Good luck with Most Handsome - it can be so frustrating. I had a TB mare a few years ago who was amazing - willing, athletic, decent looking/movement, but she had something physical/mental going on where she would lose her mind and bolt/buck/otherwise flip out every so often (no obvious trigger, though I'm sure there was something). Ended up giving her away and she's happy living the life of a school horse - jumps little jumps every so often and even does kiddy rides. Wish I hadn't poured so much money into her upkeep/vet bills beforehand, but at least she's happy now.

(Hoping to get back into horses eventually, but MF goals first, otherwise it'll never get done!)
  • Watty1
    Options
    Thank you hiddenshadow for the kind words. Hang around on this thread long enough and SmallHolding Sister and I'll get you back into horses quicker than you think :rotfl:

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Watty1
    Options
    Unable to sleep. Dog in at vets after spleen removal. Likely to be an aggressive cancer. They didn't sugar coat the outcome. I am grateful for their honesty and plain speaking.

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your dog. Hugs x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Thank you hiddenshadow for the kind words. Hang around on this thread long enough and SmallHolding Sister and I'll get you back into horses quicker than you think :rotfl:

Haha, as long as it's MF-friendly I'm game! I have thought about trying to find a stable nearby where I could work off lessons (MSE and good for fitness!) but am hindered by the fact that I can't drive (know how, vision's not good enough), and DH is still learning. Plus, the ever-elusive time factor...would only have weekends free at the moment.
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Unable to sleep. Dog in at vets after spleen removal. Likely to be an aggressive cancer. They didn't sugar coat the outcome. I am grateful for their honesty and plain speaking.

Aw, I'm so sorry. :( I hope they can help make your dog comfortable, at least.

Our older boy is almost 13 and is showing signs of age (wheezy breathing, bit of arthritis). He's in good shape considering, but I dread the day we say goodbye.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh watty :( so sorry to hear the news about your dog - but yes, sugar coating is awful. Like hiddenshadow, I hope they can make him comfortable, and you can bring him home.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Oh Watty I'm so sorry :( thinking of you xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure