Iresa Closes Door to New Customers

12346»

Comments

• Vendee
    Vendee Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Iresa came up cheapest for me on a comparison search today. Then I Googled, found https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/iresa.co.uk and noped the hell out.

You did good.

In February, with the worst of the winter over, I noticed that my credit balance was approaching £100. I contacted them to ask for a partial refund and a reduction in my direct debit. They didn't reply so I contacted them again and said I would be cancelling my direct debit if they didn't act. Again no reply so I cancelled my direct debit and initiated a switch to a new electricity supplier. I have enough credit balance to take me up to the switch date but I reckon I will have trouble getting them to refund any remaining credit.

Last week I noticed that they haven't billed me or issued a statement for March. I phoned them (long wait) and they said that the delay is down to the Easter bank holiday but here we are on 10th April and still no statement for March. I'm sure they are up to no good because they know I'm leaving them. They are a complete bunch of crooks.
  • rosy10
    rosy10 Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Post
    Similar story here following switching. I, (finally), switched on 08/03. I calculated that I had sufficient credit to cover the outstanding amount. I also cancelled my DD to prevent any more money going from my account.

I haven't had a generated bill from Iresa since end January.
  • Vendee
    Vendee Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    rosy10 wrote: »
    Similar story here following switching. I, (finally), switched on 08/03. I calculated that I had sufficient credit to cover the outstanding amount. I also cancelled my DD to prevent any more money going from my account.

I haven't had a generated bill from Iresa since end January.

Do you think they are not generating your bill to stop you knowing how much they owe you?
  • Hi all, I have just completed a switch from Iresa, managed to cancel the 13th d/d then the final readings I sent have left me with a 36 pence debt to them, (it just worked out that way!!!). Looks like they might have to decide whether or not to chase me for it!
    :grouphug: Threewheeler
  • Vendee wrote: »
    Do you think they are not generating your bill to stop you knowing how much they owe you?
    30 seconds with a calculator would ruin that plan.
  • rosy10
    rosy10 Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Post
    well, I know how much Iresa owe me (it's pence). If I was a suspicious sort of person I might suspect that the lack of billing/bill finalisation is to delay returning credit. I wonder if I can insist that they refund me by cheque?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure