PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Two)

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I went for the dumpling option in the end :D, given the ice that is forming on the kitchen velux window I think that was a good choice;). I've lots of LOs but will use some and freeze some, then use up the frozen portion(s) in the next couple of weeks.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I went into the freezing cold kitchen thinking hash browns, beans, eggs... then realised that it was easier to do eggs on toast and that used up two more slices of the bread in the freezer.... so, I CBA to actually open a can of beans really.

So that was that.... breakfast has been eaten. Now enjoying a hot black coffee (probably the 3rd of the morning as I've been up since 5.30am).... no particular reason to get up except I was awake and there was nothing else to do than to "get up" rather than closing my eyes and lying there.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Well - I guess there's always listening to Radio 4 programmes Pastures:)

On my list of "One of these days I guess I ought to get into checking out some of their programmes" - though I can rarely think of what to do whilst listening to a radio programme personally.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    radio 4 is awful boring these days so I started listening to lbc and even that can be overload of boring topics

My knees are twinging a bit these days, could be down to side sleeping but no second chances and body weight is multiplied when it comes to each relatively small knee joint. Every 1lb loss makes a reduction of about 4lb on each knee. Hence cycling is much gentler on knees. I cross passed a friend yesterday, she was walking fast with pounding determined steps, about 2 miles for her. Imo, no point in having a healthier circulation if the knees get boogered. She already has dodgy knees

All that leads me to another light bulb moment ie getting back to proper weight loss and I have started with a better, no toast, breakfast of yogurt, kiwi, 2 dried apricots and some spelt flakes. No mid morning snack and I have cooked white rice, which will now cool as cold rice is better gi and better for weight loss

I am not trusting some of the veg in my freezer, maybe a bird pooped on my chard and that gave me that tummy bug last week. Who knows, I am back to using veggie wash for all my outside greens

To that rice for lunch I will add some tuna and chopped tomatoes and mint and serve with salad. Afternoon snack will be berries and soya cream. Oh sod it, what will be will be, whatever I can find within not too fattening boundaries. To that end I am off to get the full works from the supermarket later, otherwise I am standing in front of my fridge
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I fancy coffee and scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast so will make a start on that now the house is warming up.

Have a pork loin steak for lunch with maybe a baked potato or low fat wedges. I am out this afternoon and won't get back till six thirty so trying to avoid temptation and the chippy!

I have two dds coming over for Sunday lunch so will have a rake through the freezer on Saturday to use up some stuff and make space . No idea what to cook but will have a mooch through some cookery books once I know what main meat will be.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • caronc
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Bright and clear here this morning but it was well below freezing when I got up:). I like to have the radio on in the background Radio 2 or Radio Scotland mainly but most of the time I kind of zone it. Sunday afternoons have to be Johnnie Walker's "Sound of the 70s", although I only hit my teens in the late 70s I like the music from that era so always enjoy listening to it.

Today I'm starting my Christmas cleaning, I keep the place reasonably clean & tidy but I really need to have a thorough and not just a surface clean. I can only manage a wee bit at a time so like the tortoise I'm aiming for slow & steady. Anything I can't manage the boys will tackle when they come home. :)

I was slow getting organised this morning so have skipped breakfast. Lunch will LO goulash soup and tonight probably steamed fish some way.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Cup of coffee and some fresh orange juice. Toast with marg and marmalade, yum.

I just had to take the dogs out into the garden so I'm having a hot cup of green tea now. I'm really feeling the cold. I don't know if it is because I have a health problem or just that we have had such mild winters in recent years.

I remember being a child and going into the garden and the bird bath being thick with ice. I don't think I could handle that now!

I'm making a pasta bake with a HM tomato sauce and some leftover steamed veggies for lunch.
    caronc wrote: »
    Karcher - I can't have Bombay Mix in the house as it only seems to come in largeish packets and once I've started I can't stop

I bought two huge packets of bombay mix recently and decided not to buy it again as I kept going back for more even when I was full up.:o:rotfl:
  • caronc
    Options

I bought two huge packets of bombay mix recently and decided not to buy it again as I kept going back for more even when I was full up.:o:rotfl:
    It's addictive isn't it one handful is never enough;):rotfl:
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Whoops Wednesday:rotfl:.

I've resorted to throwing food in the bin and liquid (trans. wine ahem...) down the sink before now - if I think my willpower isnt up to it keeping my wish for it under control....
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    ... Christmas cleaning....
    Never heard of it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing