Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You're welcome DonnySaver. Happy to help.

If you've registered with our website, once all's done and dusted from our end, you'll be able to use all the services on your online account. This includes being able to enter meter readings, use the tariff change tool or alter a Monthly Direct Debit. If you can do these things then our account will be fully live. This means we'll have received validated readings from the third party I mentioned. In turn, this means the losing supplier will have received them as well. Alternatively, if you drop an email with your details to the address in my Profile, I'll be able to tell you where we're at.

Hope this helps DonnySaver.

Malc

Thanks again Malc. I've sent you an email as Iresa are claiming that they have not received any readings from E.ON

Cheers
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Iresa back on Twitter today - first time for 9 days. Which is either good news - they're still around or bad news - they haven't gone bust.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Bev_Noyce wrote: »
    Signed up for IRESA on 14 Feb. Switch finally went through on 29 May!
    Took direct debit on 6/3/17.
    Asked for meter number and reading five times. Told 5 different dates for switch. No answers to emails asking what was happening.
    Unfortunately thought switch had happened but had not so EoN took me off MSE tarrif end on 31 March and put me on standard tariff. Did not realise and have paid extra £180 as on standard tariff.

Paid Eon £75 as they said I had outstanding amount and thought this was last bill for outstanding fuel before switch - oh no, just bill as no direct debit going out. EoN did not notify me that I was now on their standard tariff.
    Tried ringing IRESA left in queue for over an hour!
    Made 3 complaints, no response. Never get back to you.
    Eventually got through to AJ who assured me the switch had taken place and I now owed them £180 as they had not taken the direct debits. New direct debit set up. Still no switch.

Hello Bev Noyce and welcome to the Forums.

Have to say, from asking to join a supplier on 14 February to the supply actually moving on 29 May is an unusually long time. This is the case even where suppliers haven't signed up to Faster Switching (about two and half weeks). Were you given a reason for the delay?

With a change of supplier, it's the new supplier who drives the switch. They need to apply to the losing supplier to take over. Provided they do this within the Price Protection window, we'll keep customers on fixed tariffs on the lower prices whilst the switch goes through.

The Price Protection window is open 49 calendar days before a fixed tariff ends until 20 working days after. For customers to take advantage of this window, we need to receive the application from the new supplier during this period. If we don't, customers will automatically go on to our standard Energy Plan prices from the end of their fixed deal. We send renewal letters explaining this to customers coming to the end of fixed deals . These go out between 42 and 49 calendar days before the tariff ends.

The new supplier is also responsible for sending us the meter readings they're going to use to start their account. We use the same readings to close our account and issue a final bill. This makes sure the same energy is only charged once. These readings come through a third party (Data Collector) who checks they're in line with previous readings held for the property. Once we receive them, we'll close our account and issue the final bill.

Hope this is useful Bev Noyce.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    Thanks again Malc. I've sent you an email as Iresa are claiming that they have not received any readings from E.ON

Cheers

Thanks DonnySaver. Received and replied.

Have a good weekend.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Many thanks Malc.
    I know the prime fault is with Iresa but must say I do not think EoN was completely fair, in that they did not inform me they had put me on the standard rate nor that my new supplier had not started. They took an outstanding payment, making me believe as I had submitted a meter reading this was the closing of my Eon account. I feel EoN have lessons to learn which they have said in response to my complaint to them. C'est la vie.

My fault for stopping direct debit but really thought as IRESA had set up a new dd and had taken the first payment everything was fine.

Learnt my lesson and hope others have learnt from me and do not get their fingers burnt.
  • miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Anyone else struggling to log in today?

I received notification that they have created a bill this morning, I seem to remember this happened last time bills were created too.
  • Blackdog
    Blackdog Posts: 459 Forumite
    I struggled to log in but kept trying and eventually got there. It then took four attempts to get the gas bill to download, electricity bill downloaded first time. Eventually I opened the gas bill but was surprised to find that there was no charge for gas. Under the gas you've used section it says "there was no valid meter reading available during the billing period as at the time this bill was generated. If your submissions are up to date, it will appear in the next statement".
    There was no problem with the electricity meter readings submitted at the same time so I can only assume they are having some back office difficulties or perhaps are not calculating gas consumption until the multiplier issue is resolved. Anyone else finding their gas statement blank?
  • miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Both my gas and elec bills are blank with the same message. Had the same last month, they have only validated a single gas reading for me and no elec readings since i joined them in March.

"there was no valid meter reading available during the billing period as at the time this bill was generated. If your submissions are up to date, it will appear in the next statement".

The bills seem to be for the 1st May - 31st May period and I last entered a reading on 1st May so assumed this was why.

They have yet to acknowledge that my gas meter was replaced on 8th May so I can't enter any further readings anyway.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Blackdog wrote: »
    Anyone else finding their gas statement blank?
    I've yet to receive a gas bill with any readings on, since I've joined Iresa. What worries me, is if I should decide to switch away from Iresa, with both accounts in credit, is will they try and stop the switch? If they do raise a dispute, they will need to question their own incompetence.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Just tried to phone Iresa, however they are experiecing issues with their back room computer systems and they can't even access their own systems.

I'll advise anybody who is on hold, and potentially wasting money, what I was advised - and that was to call back in the afternoon.

Things don't look good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport