PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 11th January 2019

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :)

Strange dreams again but at least not nasty ones last night.

Had a good work day yesterday so today is pretty free. Friday tidy essential. May get round to doing a tagine dish today probably a Simon Rimmer one I found. Working tonight so will eat early.

Had a lovely long chat with Holly yesterday and she really is so positive. Think she will be back posting about her trips out and people watching very soon.

Nelski why do are mothers treat us the way they do and then we go back again??

Its a good question ...for me its a matter of old fashioned duty I guess. When dad died she became a different person although tbh she has always been difficult but dad took the brunt. I hoped over time she would soften I still hope that now. At the end of the day if I dont go no one would so the guilt would be too too much. You and I just need to man up sometimes and not let them treat us badly :A

have a lovely Friday everyone
  • Morning everyone,

Happy Friday too!!

Yesterday, after work, I maintained my productivity and done some other bits and bobs before playing football. I then couldn't sleep after, probably because I'm still cooling down from running about in the cold for an hour. Another NSD.

This meant I opted for a longer lie this morning as opposed to the gym. Put a washing on over night and I've got my whites in now. Tonight I'll visit the gym and then I'll back for my overnight stay back with my mum on Saturday, not that I'll need much.

I actually remembered to pull something out from the freezer for tonight, tuna steak, that I'll have with LO veg. Today should be another NSD!

Holly - Great to see you back again and it sounds like your on the mend :)
    cliffsgirl - No, I've not been to the museum yet. I've actually only ever been in the city centre for nights out or Christmas shopping actually!! I need to rectify that and explore. I'll add it to my list, thanks.
    camelot - Oh dear, DD sounds awfully unwell. Hope you don't catch it and all goes well at the docs
    Scarelt - Funnily enough I was listening to the radio this morning who were discussing that exact topic. The rent for a shop in some small towns was £22k a month, which is something only the big players can afford and so all the small independent shops are moving elsewhere or online!
    Dumpling - You certainly had a day of it yesterday, my goodness! Fingers crossed today and the rest of the weekend is a bit more positive.
  • Has anyone heard from Hester ?
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    dumpling, well done on the weight loss. I've lost half that, which I'm happy about. I've got rid of the things that tempt me, normally Steve would be with me on the diet but of course not at the moment so I'm buying things like digestive biscuits for him because I don't like them.

Laura's coming home tonight, she'll be meeting a study partner here tomorrow and then taking Ziggy home on Sunday, we'll miss her but she'll be back in a couple of weeks.
  • Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning. We were up early dd went to breakfast club and I went to aldi shopping will have to call at Tesco at some point as the fussy cats won’t eat the aldi food I have stocked up on a few things so that’s good. I expect oldest dd to call this morning I am thinking of going to the gym I have been 3 times this week so I think I will give it a miss

I am working later and after school but it’s not as bad on a Friday not that many kids and it’s only till 5-30.
  • bellabella
    bellabella Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all
    Weather chilly and damp Dolly has been walked and the friday clean needs to be done as loves young dream are returning home tomorrow Operation diamond ring will be in full swing tomorrow as cakes balloons and other bits need to be collected and dropped at various places
    Holly glad to see you back sounds like you are doing well and getting plenty of support
    Dumpling well done on the weight loss and healthy eating
    Camelot hope DD feels a bit better has she tried ice lollies a doctor told me they are a good way to get fluids in without actually drinking so less likely to make you sick
    Right onwards n upwards have a great day whatever you are up to xx
    Slava Ukraini
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all
    It's a bit damp out but at least it's not raining now.
    I wrote a long post and lost it :mad:. So the main points:-

I have the dental hygienist this morning and my hip is quite painful, so I hope she's in the downstairs surgery today.
    We have to collect Mr Fix It's script this morning too and get it filled in the chemist. I hope it's all available and we don't have to wait until Monday for his cancer meds :(. I shall ring Dad too before we go out in case he needs any shopping from a nearby Tes*o.
    Tea tonight will be a filled jacket potato as there is some bacon to use up in the fridge.

Right I'm off to fill my face with some painkillers and limp out of the door :rotfl:.

SilverOldie It's not just the Mums who are like that :(. I asked about Hester too but she seems to be MIA. I hope she and CHS are ok.
    Dumpling well done on the weight loss :j
    Sending healing vibes to the poorly people, or those having treatment at present and hugs all round to anyone struggling with life in general.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

I am pleased to hear that Steve is going to start his treatment. I hope all goes well.

I was awake in the night. OH got up for the loo and woke me. Could not get back to sleep so came through and made tea, sat reading. Went back to bed and woke at 9.30 oopppsss........

Drs appointment tomorrow with my wrist, shoulder seems to be easing a bit wrist getting worse, kind of balances out.

Lady came yesterday and checked our wills, there are a couple of things we have to do which means rewriting two codicils and getting them signed, needs to be done sooner rather than later We are also going to do lasting powers of attorney at some point in the near future.

I had the mother problem too, is was not just me it affected, it was anybody except her 'special friend'. If you went to see her the first words out of her mouth were 'what have you come for'? Wonderful... did not matter who it was. She ended up in a nursing home with no visitors.

Supper tonight fish and chips, banana something for dessert.
  • Morning all, I'm partway through the Friday Tidy but am somehow not feeling a huge amount of enthusiasm, it can be hard to enthuse yourself about something that you seem to do over and over without anyone noticing. Also DS has bought 83 million pairs of socks which are now reposing in the sitting room while he decides which are suitable and which are not.

Am going to do what I can bear anc then I'm get ton with Trauma Teddies, like CRANKY40.

SO thank you for starting us off and I do sympathise on the mum front.

OH has just made me some tea which is a very good reason to have a break from cleaning.

I've got two daffodil buds, really pleased about that, the remaining bulbs have come up but not near the flowering stage, probably just as well because it is too early.

OL thanks for letting us know that Hester is ok.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all:D
    I've not posted much this week, as have been feeling really panicky n anxious again .I thought the new meds had sorted it, but apparently not:(
    I need to do a food shop this aft, have been putting it off all week :o
    Talking about Mums, i'm lucky that mine is brill, n very supportive , but i've had two evil Mother in Laws:(
    DUMPLING that must've been an awful shock for Steve, poor woman :(
    Huggles to all the poorlies n peed offs :A xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business