Shop & Scan

Comments

• asajj wrote: »
    Yes I also received the same ! I found the rewards a bit useless though. The best I was able to get was Starbucks vouchers - others had no use to me and I was going to stop using it anyway as I'm going on travelling soon. It was good while it lasted.

I've had almost £1000 in Amazon vouchers, so it was of good use to me! :D:(
  • I have just recieved the following to say they are closing the receipts panel.

What do you mean by receipts panel? Do you mean the whole shop and scan program?
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    2013yearofthehouse Posts: 3,060
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 10 November 2015 at 6:43PM
    xsunnysuex wrote: »
    What do you mean by receipts panel? Do you mean the whole shop and scan program?

That's what they called it in their email (not what I call it). They basically mean they are shutting the method of uploading receipts to their smartphone app. The clicker/scanning method remains, they are not shutting that down. :)

I was doing the clicker/scanning method for 11 years and then they told me they were changing to using a new smartphone app and that groups of people would be slowly moved across to the app if they had a smartphone. They sent me log in info for the app and an envelope to send my clicker back. I still got the same amount of points each week, but it was much easier and quicker to submit than scanning loads of barcodes (I didn't need a computer, just my phone and all I had to do was send them photos of my receipts via their app). Clearly they've changed their minds about the app and are getting rid of it, so now I won't get any points, after 12 years of contributions! :(
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    i received this today.

Dear xxxxxx xxxxxxxx

We are sorry to inform you that the Food on the Go SMS panel is ending. As such, you longer need to text in your purchasing, and will not receive any rewards points for doing so. Thank you very much for your participation. Please note that this does not affect your eligibility for the main scanning task.

Kind regards,

Food On The Go Helpdesk Team
  • has anyone else received an email to say it is ending as of now the food on the go panel ?
  • daisy_jean wrote: »
    Did everyone get their Food on the Go points this week? mine still haven't been added.
    hi have you had an email to say food on the go finishing ??
  • System
    Community Admin
    Maybe they dont need my input any more but from the tone of the email it suggests that the panel is ending.
  • Judi wrote: »
    i received this today.

Dear xxxxxx xxxxxxxx

We are sorry to inform you that the Food on the Go SMS panel is ending. As such, you longer need to text in your purchasing, and will not receive any rewards points for doing so. Thank you very much for your participation. Please note that this does not affect your eligibility for the main scanning task.

Kind regards,

Food On The Go Helpdesk Team

we have all had these emails in our house today , bad news isnt it
  • System
    Community Admin
    cidergirl wrote: »
    we have all had these emails in our house today , bad news isnt it

I knew something wasnt right when they altered the structure of the point system (i lost £5 a week).

From over £20 a week i am now down to £1. Thats if i decide to carry on scanning my groceries.

It was good whilst it lasted.
  • skipton
    skipton Posts: 676 Forumite
    I got the same email but said I could still do FOTG if I had a smart phone and not the Blackberry I'm currently using so I don't think it's finishing just the method ie. now scanning with an app? Do you have a smart phone that can scan ? I'll look back at the email and check I read it correctly!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback