PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Comments

• Edwardia, are you punishing your oh by having a veggie weekend? Lol I agree with him, I hate planning meals more than 2 days in advance.

I have taken out the pork chops out for tomorrow, I'm going to use up shredded crab cucumbers for lunch.

I went and did my grandmas shopping today, she insisted on giving me £5 for bus fare lol bless her, so I bought 2 new nail varnishes, I also done all of my audits today, I refuse to go further than the bins between now and Monday if there really is going to be a storm.

It's already quite windy and raining as I type. Does everyone think it will be a bad storm?
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I refuse to go further than the bins between now and Monday if there really is going to be a storm.

Lol you and me both! I was even planning to go to the bins in the morning before it gets too bad. Best hope your Grandma doesn't decide she wants any more shopping!

I am supposed to be finishing the painting and I've run out of paint this evening - will just have to wait till Tuesday as I'm not going out in it till then. Am thinking of moving the huge pet run further away from the living room window if poss tomorrow just in case, got a big tree in the road outside the flats. Hoping it's not as bad as '87.
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    The freezer is so empty! Looking forward to stocking it up!

Out - peppered quorn steaks for dinner, sausages and also hot dog rolls for lunch. May lift out the last 2 scotch pies for the dog to munch on too.

In - nothing hopefully!
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Hi MsNight Ryder hope you're well.. did I see you mention a maggot :eek:

Well no I don't regard veggie as a punishment - I was vegetarian when he met me :o It's just that I don't regard meat at virtually every meal as particularly healthy, we don't need that huge amount of protein unless body-building.

No freezer movements planned for today. Got OH taking fence down today as rickety and he can repair and then put back next weekend - better than risking it being flattened !

If the storm really causes damage OH will be hugely busy Monday - if he can get to work, that is.
  • Shoulder of lamb out which will will do tea for a few days (roast tonight then curry and rice then marinade the last of it with noodles. 3 out of 5 draws are empty.
    House purchased November 2013
    Original MF Date: January 2045 - £104,400
    Current MF Date: April 2030- £48,719. 75
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Edwardia:- your Pot au feu sounds interesting, may try that.
    What does PITA mean - spent a good few minutes trying to work it out to no avail?

Freezer movements:-
    Out 2 pks of veg for soup. I bought several boxes of veg from the wholesaler some months ago, prepared and bagged them up into 'casserole/soup' bags. It was a whole lot cheaper than buying from the supermarket and all I do is get a pack out from the freezer -defrost and use it in a casserole, or if it's for soup, I just cut the pieces into smaller bits - saves on time as well.
    The last leg of venison from 2012/13
    In:- some turkey soup when it's cooled down

Just looking out of the window at the trees bending over in the wood at the bottom of the garden - scarey, really scarey :eek::eek::eek:
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ^ pain in the @ r s e ?

Had toast/marmite for lunch. Need to use the last bit of tofu tonight so looks like stir fry again.
  • Hi everyone not posted on this challenge since earlier in the year but due to possibly losing my job decided I better watch the pennies so did a list beginning of last week. Somehow have managed to spend over £50 2 months in a row despite loads of coupons (saying that over 50% of my shopping was paid with coupons etc so totals wd have been higher)
    Target this week- no spends as stocked up on soya milk and loaf of bread in fridge
    Nov- I hope to go a couple more weeks without buying at all then do a farm foods shop nearer middle of month
    Re diabetic food- I tend to go more low GL rather than gi, I think that works well for me plus soya milk lite(in tea) or green for cereal as its lower in fat/suger than red
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    edited 27 October 2013 at 5:13PM
    zafiro Kirri's 99% correct the last word is a s s as in donkey x horse - @ r s e is the Brit version lol. I've lost the accent but I do still use a lot of Canadian expressions and spellings.

ma-ri-ella I think everyone with diabetes has to do what works for them and we get given such conflicting advice that it's quite difficult and scary at first. I can't eat bread at all personally whereas low carb means normal blood glucose for me most of the time.

Well done on the couponing !

I was over here when we had the hurricane and a tree fell on my father's car and flattened it !
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,901 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    In to freezer - nothing.
    Out of freezer - HM Quiche + muffin.
    We had HM steak pie + roast potatoes/parsnip + carrots, leek, swede + gravy for dinner.
    Sundaysdinner_zps55fa3cc4.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 219/136
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £39.49/£100 NSD - 71
    2024 Craft Makes - 192 Craft Spends 2024 £243.05/£500
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business