HOME BARGAINS finds thread 5

Options

Comments

• labtechlesley
    Options
    Stroud had 1 kg bags of Iams cat food for 2.49 (sorry, my keyboard doesn't have a pound sign!!). They also had bags of the Iams dog food but I didn't look at the price .
    Sealed pot challenge member number 2001
  • derms
    derms Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    Stroud had 1 kg bags of Iams cat food for 2.49 (sorry, my keyboard doesn't have a pound sign!!). They also had bags of the Iams dog food but I didn't look at the price .
    The one in Newtonabbey also had 3kg bags for £5.00. I was buying the 2.5 kg bag and v helpful s/a came up and said they had 3kg bags out the back just arrived and did I want that instead. Bargain price for both. Only problem is cat will refuse to eat cheaper brands when it runs out.
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    Typhoo teabags 300 in a box for £1.99, I usually get the 100 box for 95p but these work out even cheaper.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    A poster on the Boots sale thread said there was a Philosphy style scrub/shower and shampoo all in one for sale in HB for 79p, any idea what it is called?
    TIA :)
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • sumoqueen
    sumoqueen Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    asset2004 wrote: »
    A poster on the Boots sale thread said there was a Philosphy style scrub/shower and shampoo all in one for sale in HB for 79p, any idea what it is called?

The HB range is called 'Possibility'. I have used the raspberry pavlova hand cream from it and liked it. This is £6.65 on amazon - I paid 79p!! This link shows the cream so you get an idea of the packaging - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Possibility-Cream-Raspberry-Pavlova-120ml/dp/B0095XO2HA/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1359231853&sr=1-2 HTH
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500:D) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) :rotfl:2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!! :)
  • lyndsey6303
    Options
    asset2004 wrote: »

Re above it is called Possibility. If you do a google image search there are lots of pics so you will know what to look for in store although the packaging is philosophy inspired :) I havent tried it myself so cant comment on what it is like but I have passed it many times in the Newtownards store.

In my store at the minute there is St Tropez self tan at a bargain price of £4.99 rrp £20, it is a gel. I usually use the lotion but was tempted by the low price, it comes out a bit darker in my opinion and a little goes a long way. I bought 3 the first day I saw it in case it didnt come back but its been there for about 2 weeks now, sorry if already mentioned.

The also have a couple of items from the Sanctuary Spa range, again usually stocked by boots. They only had part of the maternity range (mum to be) bath salts and lotion and the body lotion from the mande lular collection.

Argan oil shampoo too at £2.99, not a brand I recognised but the bottle looked about 500ml.
  • juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Re above it is called Possibility. If you do a google image search there are lots of pics so you will know what to look for in store although the packaging is philosophy inspired :) I havent tried it myself so cant comment on what it is like but I have passed it many times in the Newtownards store.

The also have a couple of items from the Sanctuary Spa range, again usually stocked by boots. They only had part of the maternity range (mum to be) bath salts and lotion and the body lotion from the mande lular collection.

Argan oil shampoo too at £2.99, not a brand I recognised but the bottle looked about 500ml.

Ha ha what an understatement. I had only ever seen the HB 3 in one, but when I spotted the Philosophy range in a department store I couldn't believe the HB one had ripped it off so obvioiusly! It's really lush though and has really helped me kick my boots addiction as they always have it in my local store. I've had the hand cream too but found that smelt a bit overly sickly.
    Sanctuary, wow, I'm amazed at that find, lucky you.
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • bbford
    bbford Posts: 717 Forumite
    Options
    The Argan oil is by Gum
    How much ?????????!!!
  • purplestar133
    Options
    They had 'Typo Bags' in last week. They are thick canvas/cotton type tote/shopping bags with one letter printed on in a nice font. They had lots of different letters. Hard to describe but this is one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/L-Initial-Letter-Tote-Bag-Shopping-Bag-Typo-Bags-/221177106789?pt=UK_Women_s_Handbags&ssPageName=RSS%3AB%3ASHOP%3AGB%3A101&hash=item337f2ed165&nma=true&si=msH5vgmQB%252FRHrj5m59oiUy%252B1gpM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

They were only £1.99! Bargain and thicker and stronger than the usual 'shoppers'. This cheeky mite on ebay is overcharging!
  • Sazdaz
    Sazdaz Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Cantebury store has slimming world cordial 1 litre bottle for 29p which makes it better value than the store basics range I get. three different flavours, I got lemon and elderflower. Going back on Saturday to get a few more when I get next months budget.
    APR NSD - 0/10
    Paid off in 2013 so far £125.00
    April Money made - £18.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills