ESA successful reconsideration but still lose

Comments

• tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    tomtom256 wrote: »
    Special delivery is your problem, it actually takes longer to get to the mail handling site this way and often goes missing because the mail handling sites are not setup for this type of mail.

I disagree with you. Normal and Recorded Post (sometimes these don't get signature and at times waiting 14 days until they (PO) investigation and receive 1st class stamps.

Within DWP and other government offices, it best to get Special Delivery. You can proof and print it off with your receipt. Whether it gets there or not is not my fault and use it as evidence for DWP and Tribunal.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    I disagree with you. Normal and Recorded Post (sometimes these don't get signature and at times waiting 14 days until they (PO) investigation and receive 1st class stamps.

Within DWP and other government offices, it best to get Special Delivery. You can proof and print it off with your receipt. Whether it gets there or not is not my fault and use it as evidence for DWP and Tribunal.
    Special signed for delivery is completely pointless. It doesn't mean it's arrived with DWP. All it means is, it's been signed for by someone from Royal Mail sorting office and that form could be anywhere. Pointless and a waste of money.
  • tazwhoever
    edited 22 January 2019 at 10:39PM
    I rather waste my money on SD sending letters to DWP and be safe than sorry.

Unless I win the £100 million on 1 February, then they will receive a very special telephone call.
    45002 Posts: 802 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 23 January 2019 at 12:56AM
    All Signed for sent to DWP will be signed for at Wolverhampton royal mail handing site.

Mail Opening Units in Kidderminster and Telford. Offices using this service have a Wolverhampton postal address

Scanned into pdf format

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/574585/new-dwp-postal-addresses.pdf

When you ring dwp up about your claim they are looking at scanned copies of paper work you sent in...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-information-management-policies/dwp-managing-customer-records-guide
    Advice given on Assured and Regulated Tenancy, Further advice should always be sought from a Solicitor....
  • tazwhoever
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Special signed for delivery is completely pointless. It doesn't mean it's arrived with DWP. All it means is, it's been signed for by someone from Royal Mail sorting office and that form could be anywhere. Pointless and a waste of money.

If you send it normal post or recorded post (doesn't get signature), what proof have you got?

With SD you get print off internet.

Thanks
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    If you send it normal post or recorded post (doesn't get signature), what proof have you got?

With SD you get print off internet.

Thanks
    It's still not proof that that DWP have received it.
  • tazwhoever
    As it gets to Wolverhampton signed by SD (proof), I couldn't give a thing if they received it or not! That will be postal people problem working at Wolverhampton. That's why in somecases receipt / signature is very important.
    That's why a letter for example for Mark Lewis, normally gets signed for receptionist or post team. They will place it in log in book and get a signature from Mark or his secretary.

Poppy, I don't think you answered my question regarding non tracked mail going to DWP. With these companies the onus is on us to proof it. I feel absolutely heartbroken when I see sick people committing suicide because of UC, ESA, etc.

I know you give excellent advice but on this our views differ.
  • tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As it gets to Wolverhampton signed by SD (proof), I couldn't give a thing if they received it or not! That will be postal people problem working at Wolverhampton. That's why in somecases receipt / signature is very important.
    That's why a letter for example for Mark Lewis, normally gets signed for receptionist or post team. They will place it in log in book and get a signature from Mark or his secretary.

Poppy, I don't think you answered my question regarding non tracked mail going to DWP. With these companies the onus is on us to proof it. I feel absolutely heartbroken when I see sick people committing suicide because of UC, ESA, etc.

I know you give excellent advice but on this our views differ.

Just get proof of posting from the post office, which I think is free, the onus is then for the DWP to prove they haven't received it.
  • I’m in the same boat here I’m on esa support group for anxiety and depression and I’m living with parents but wanting to move out but if I do I will have to move onto universal credit and there’s a Chance I will have to go bk down to basic payments £251 a month until they reassess me and I’m currently sending my pip forms off but I probs get knocked back for that as there’s not much for anxiety and depression on there so I really don’t know what to do.
  • I also went to citizens advise and they told me my best bet would be to stay at home and transfer over to universal credit to see what happens literally no one seems to know much about the stupid system like one minute she was telling me I would be better off on universal credit then going away and coming bk and saying forget what I just said it’s best off staying at home with parents as I could be kicked off what I get now to go down to universal credit payment £251 a month till I get reassessed even tho I went for reassessment in September 2018 and I would most probs get knocked bk for the universal credit element as mental health isn’t long term ill health literally I’m fed up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure