IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

University PCN

Options
2»

Comments

• Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 April 2018 at 9:14AM
    Options
    No mention of using Smart Parking on here. Says it is all in house with the university's Credit Control Team doing the debt recovery.

https://www.kent.ac.uk/transport/enforcement/index.html

I also note the original ticket is apparently just £35, seems very low for a private parking company to get involved.
  • mezzyd
    mezzyd Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.

Coupon- mad, I've been interested to see your points about ANPR & ICO & think this may be relevant when I have to go to POPLA. The car park is not constantly monitored but I believe handheld ANPR cameras were used for enforcement to check for virtual parking permits, yet there is no mention at all on any signage. May I ask whether you will be adding to the NEWBIES thread with a template on this point at all, as I think that might be really helpful?

Thanks again to all
  • mezzyd
    Options
    Had an interesting result from POPLA, stated that the appeal was unsuccessful, however on reading the assessor's decision they stated that they were allowing the appeal as they weren't satisfied that the appellant was the driver & no attempt to use POFA 2012 by the university
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mezzyd wrote: »
    Had an interesting result from POPLA, stated that the appeal was unsuccessful, however on reading the assessor's decision they stated that they were allowing the appeal as they weren't satisfied that the appellant was the driver & no attempt to use POFA 2012 by the university

When did you receive that?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • mezzyd
    Options
    Received today
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mezzyd wrote: »
    Received today

You need to write to POPLA to get them to clarify this. You're punching the air because of the statement towards the end of the POPLA assessment; it's quite possible that the Uni might just read the first line 'Unsuccessful' and might be punching the air too!

You need clarity. Otherwise this might run on a bit further.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • mezzyd
    Options
    You're right & I will seek clarification tomorrow, thanks
  • mezzyd
    Options
    Have now received written confirmation that the appeal was allowed which is great news. In the end I did not raise no keeper liability in the POPLA appeal due to concerns about the permit system, although I did raise plenty of other grounds, basically picked up every little aspect where the university had not complied with the BPA code of practice. However the university had not served a notice to keeper & the assessor picked that up herself & allowed the appeal as no evidence that the driver had been identified sufficiently.
    Thanks once again to all for the wise advice received.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hooray, well done!

Have you copied the decision (adding paragraph gaps...!) into the 'POPLA Decisions' top sticky thread, with a link back to this thread and saying which PPC you beat?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mezzyd
    Options
    No, but will do!!!128077;
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts