Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Gummomarx wrote: »
    They are text confirmations of their offers only. I'd asked them to email them but they said they're expected to text them instead.

Have you accepted? Or waiting for a better deal? Thank you.
  • BillTrac
    BillTrac Posts: 1,869
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So frustrating.

I'm on the VM 100mbs package,BB only. Don't want, or need, line rental or TV.

When I took out the contract in late Dec 16 it was £23 for 12 months rising to £34 after that. Well, when the 12 months was up it became £40 not £34 so that bugged me straight away.
    Looking for a simple , decent speed, BB only deal but getting nowhere with VM.

Aaaargh!!!!!
  • Gummomarx
    Gummomarx Posts: 140
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Anon wrote: »
    Have you accepted? Or waiting for a better deal? Thank you.
    I talked to Paul - he offered me the same deal:
    £52.99 for TV Mix, broadband 100 and Talk More Anytime with the first month free (works out at £48.50 pm).

He told me that the text wouldn't contain the actual offer but a reference to what I was offered during the prior call. I then would reply YES or NO. He also claimed that, since I used 450GB of bandwith in the last month and saved £30 in calls via Talk More Anytime, no other provider could match that usage with the price they've quoted.

Here's the text (I haven't replied):
    "Hi, it's Virgin Media. Fancy taking that offer we chatted about recently? If you do, just reply with YES and we'll get everything sorted."
  • sheeps68
    sheeps68 Posts: 670
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Well I called and got a better deal. I finished up paying upfront for my line rental and £40 a month with a £30 credit. Interestingly they were able to downgrade my package a fraction to one they no longer list as an option. I had channels I was no longer using.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,077
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I recently spoke to retentions about our account. We have broadband 200mb speed, the largest TV package and a land line which is never plugged in. Also free weekend calls and again never used. They have now quoted us
    70 pounds stg a month and gave us a credit of 60 pounds stg.

I did say about giving up the landline but it worked out dearer not to have it.
  • Gummomarx
    Gummomarx Posts: 140
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sheeps68 wrote: »
    I finished up paying upfront for my line rental and £40 a month.
    What package are you on?
  • sheeps68
    Forumite
    Gummomarx wrote: »
    What package are you on?

Fun TV (Was previously on full house)
    100 Broadband
    Evening & weekend calls.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,157
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    faddy wrote: »
    Someone in that thread stating that you don't get decent deals if you use a lot of data. Bad news if true as I'm trying to get something for my son who apparently downloaded over 400GB over the past month.
    cjdavies wrote: »
    I believe it's true, I download roughly the same.

I contacted them last year, when phoned to cancel, the woman practically said you wont get anyone else who offers similar due to my download.

Cancel put through, no phone call, it was who had to phone 3 hours before cut off and pay the same price!! Now it's £33 with 50Mb or is it 70Mb and free weekend calls (don't have a landline).

Following on, just had an email of my statement from December 2017 to February 2018, my download is 903GB :eek:
  • SamJ35
    SamJ35 Posts: 63
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    cjdavies wrote: »
    Following on, just had an email of my statement from December 2017 to February 2018, my download is 903GB :eek:

My email is showing as 1015GB between December and February. Not looking good if the above about retention deals for heavy users are not forthcoming!

On a side note, I've recently switched to a V6 box for no extra monthly cost. My 12 month contract online says my start of contract is September 2017. The website however states my agreement started March 2017 and the contract says 'date of change' as March 2017. Does this mean my contract is now not up for renewal until March 2018? - !!!!!! if so as was looking to jump on board a tasty retention deal in September!
  • sheeps68
    Forumite
    SamJ35 wrote: »
    My email is showing as 1015GB between December and February. Not looking good if the above about retention deals for heavy users are not forthcoming!

On a side note, I've recently switched to a V6 box for no extra monthly cost. My 12 month contract online says my start of contract is September 2017. The website however states my agreement started March 2017 and the contract says 'date of change' as March 2017. Does this mean my contract is now not up for renewal until March 2018? - !!!!!! if so as was looking to jump on board a tasty retention deal in September!

Just to confuse the issue even further my contract on website stated my contract date was the date of signing for V6 box which I also got for free so why it would be a year prior to that who knows.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback