Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mr Teeny
    • By Mr Teeny 8th Nov 19, 2:08 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Mr Teeny
    Transferring a maturing ISA to another company
    • 8th Nov 19, 2:08 PM
    Transferring a maturing ISA to another company 8th Nov 19 at 2:08 PM
    One of my ISA's is due to mature on 30.11.19 but there's no option in the maturing instructions to go to another ISA. How do I transfer and ensure I keep the maturity bonus of 0.3% or whatever it was. If it goes to a new ISA all their docs state losing 120 days interest if money is taken out.

Are transfers treated differently towithdrawals so I could simply go onto whatever ISA with the company on maturity then set up another ISA and transfer a few days after.

Thanks

Or can I simply open a new ISA now with the other firm then transfer after maturity
Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 8th Nov 19, 3:01 PM
    • 11,879 Posts
    • 14,662 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 8th Nov 19, 3:01 PM
    • 8th Nov 19, 3:01 PM
    Assuming you've found a product with another provider that ticks your boxes (including accepting inbound transfers) then open it, ensuring that any initial window for funding it extends into December.

Once open, follow the new provider's ISA transfer process, which will usually allow you to specify that the transfer can only take place after a specified maturity date, thereby safeguarding all your interest/bonus and avoiding early withdrawal penalties....
    • Mr Teeny
    • By Mr Teeny 8th Nov 19, 3:17 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mr Teeny
    • 8th Nov 19, 3:17 PM
    • 8th Nov 19, 3:17 PM
    Thanks, looking at the virgin money one for a year 1.4 which seems to accept transfer and deposits within 30 days of opening. Although to be honest 1.4% is so measly even coventry who I'm transferring from have a higher rate savings account at 1.46% . Kinda seems pointless keeping cash in ISA's these days.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,430Posts Today

7,020Users online

Martin's Twitter