Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 2
    • rainbowj63
    • By rainbowj63 8th Jan 12, 11:04 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    rainbowj63
    Need to cancel Virgin Media
    Can anyone help, have been a customer of virgin media for over two years will there be a problem cancelling it as I have been a customer for so long, was going to cancel the direct debit but now reading this thread not so sure ???? Can anyone help. Many thanks
    • visidigi
    • By visidigi 9th Jan 12, 7:54 AM
    • 5,741 Posts
    • 3,619 Thanks
    visidigi
    don't cancel the DD, call them on 150 and select the I'm thinking of leaving option - then tell them you want to leave.

They will likely offer you a deal, but it you really want to leave just stand by your guns and they will eventually let you go...
  • sudu
    Correct address is as follows
    Want To Cancel Your Virgin Media Contract?

Cable TV Or Internet

Write To

Virgin media ltd
    Virgin media Cancelation Team
    PO box 333
    Matrix Court
    Swansea
    SA2 9BB

Send Recorded Delivery
    Originally posted by Nanageddon

__________________________________________________ ________________
    The correct address is as follows above has wrong post code.

Virgin media ltd
    Virgin media Cancelation Team
    Matrix Court
    Siemens Way,
    Swansea Enterprise Park,
    Swansea, SA7 9BB

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
    Last edited by sudu; 25-01-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Correction
  • diegopoupin
    Can someone HELP PLEASE?? I got my TIVO Box installed yesterday and absolutely HATE IT! Its a stupid silly environment and dont want it anymore. I am bound to an 18 months contract but absolutely HATED the product!!! What can I do???????
  • yalisrib
    Can someone HELP PLEASE?? I got my TIVO Box installed yesterday and absolutely HATE IT! Its a stupid silly environment and dont want it anymore. I am bound to an 18 months contract but absolutely HATED the product!!! What can I do???????
    Originally posted by diegopoupin
    How much do you pay monthly? I have been planning on leaving for a while but couldnt afford to end early - then today got a letter through saying my bill was going up by 50p a month. 20 minutes later I had cancelled my contract for free!
    Total Wins 2011: Zilch
    • motogp1983
    • By motogp1983 27th Feb 12, 8:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    motogp1983
    25 charge for cancelling
    i have been in my contract for just over a year now, and have just called to cancle contract, so why am i being charged 25 to leave?
    • visidigi
    • By visidigi 27th Feb 12, 8:17 PM
    • 5,741 Posts
    • 3,619 Thanks
    visidigi
    i have been in my contract for just over a year now, and have just called to cancle contract, so why am i being charged 25 to leave?
    Originally posted by motogp1983
    ask them? Some contracts are 18 months - you may also have additional services which could be affecting your termination charges.
    • Hockeynut
    • By Hockeynut 21st Mar 12, 4:00 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Hockeynut
    Moving out of Virgin Media Area
    I'm moving house in about 1 month's time. In Oct 2011 we got Tivo installed at our current place. It looks like the new place doens't get TV as it has no cable. I think that means I'm about 4-5 months into a new 12 month contract, it costs us about 39/month I think.

You're in a Virgin Media National broadband area
    You're not in a fibre optic cable area, so we can't give you TV. But we can give you Virgin Broadband using your existing phone line.
    I would dearly love to keep the TV/Phone/Internet package, but I assume I can't. I obviously don't wan't to pay a hefty cancellation/early leaving fee.

Can anyone offer any advice for this situation to avoid large fees?

How much do you pay monthly? I have been planning on leaving for a while but couldnt afford to end early - then today got a letter through saying my bill was going up by 50p a month. 20 minutes later I had cancelled my contract for free!
    Originally posted by yalisrib
    Is that down to you being able to leave due to them changing the contract? How long do you get after being notified to be able to do that?
    • Hockeynut
    • By Hockeynut 22nd Mar 12, 9:48 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Hockeynut
    Originally posted by yalisrib
    Thank you so much for this. I received a letter last month letting me know that mine was going up on 1st April, by 3.50. I phoned up this morning and cancelled under section J3 here: http://shop.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-cable-services.html#ending It felt nice to beat the system for once. No cancel/exit fee at all now!

If we and/or Virgin Media Payments:
    a. increase our respective charges under this agreement;
    b. make significant changes to the services so the services you are entitled to receive in return for the charges you pay are significantly altered or reduced; or
    c. make significant changes to the terms and conditions of this agreement (including the other legal stuff),

you may cancel those services affected without penalty by giving us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) at least 30 days' notice. Such notice must be given within 30 days of the increase in charges or changes to the services or this agreement being notified to you. If you were not notified of these changes in advance, you must give notice of cancellation of the services affected to us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) within 30 days of receipt of your first bill following such increase in charges. If you do not give notice of cancellation within the specified period, you will be deemed to have accepted the increase in charges and/or the changes to the services and this agreement. You will no longer be able to cancel your services under this paragraph. If you cancel any services in these circumstances, the increased charges will not apply to those services during the 30-day notice period and paragraph J2 will not apply if you cancel before the end of the minimum period.
  • bsd2009
    Please Help
    I want to cancel my virgin mobile contract, and after reading the thread I will write a letter, I just need help in doing so. After reading VM's terms and conditions, I believe that I shouldn't need to pay any fees as they made me pay for 2 contracts for one phone and this went on for 2 months, does this really entitle me to anything at all?
  • Mrs SCW
    can i cancel?
    I'm fed up with VM and appauled with their CS. 2 guys from VM came round to check my cable as there are upgrades in our area. This was on 3/4/12, on leaving, I discovered I have no internet access. I beieve the men turned off the internet access as it was working fine before they arrived. I spent 4 hours on the phone to CS and the upshot is that they wont do anything about it until 14/4/12. I am only 7 months into my contract but want out now. Can I leave under section J3?
  • Squeekyclean
    Virgin Gready
    Hi Guys,
    After reading some of the posts I want to warn everyone by telling my story.
    In September 2011 we decided that Virgin was getting far too expensive for their services, a man from Sky knocked on the door selling their deals and we let him in.
    The result was basically the same as what we had with Virgin at half the price plus we got boxes in two bedrooms.

My wife phoned 150 and cancelled the TV with Virgin Gready att he begining of October 2011 and was told there would be a charge.
    My wife explained that there could not be any charges as the original contract was for one year with Telewest some 16 years ago.

The person on the phone agreed and stated the TV package would be cancelled and that we would keep the Broadband as it was faster than Sky's and my son uses it for playing games on the internet.
    Our phone lines were also changed over to Sky at this time.
    We have just found out that they have continued charging us for the TV package and when my wife phoned today they said they had no record of the cancellation.

They have told her to contact:
    Customer Concern
    Matrix Court
    Siemans Way Enterprise Park
    Swansea
    SA7 9BB

The reason for contacting them is to find out if they have a recording of the phone conversation which took place when we cancelled the contract with them.

I beleive that if this is a part of Virgin that I will receive a letter back saying they don't have a record of the call.
    I have put a complaint in online but has anyone any suggestions on how to solve this, the total overcharged is about 170.

I keep asking myself "Why would we get Sky TV put in and keep the Virgin TV", it totally annoying to think we are being charged for a service we cancelled and now have to prove we did in fact cancel the service and rely on a Virgin company to supply evidence of this.
    Others Beware of this company and paying by DD.
    Help or advice please?
    Last edited by Squeekyclean; 11-04-2012 at 6:18 PM.
    Mortgage FREE as of March 2015
    Cash Prize Win - 2000 in TV competition - WOW
    Reclaimed 5872.50 in credit card & bank charges
    • Phones4Chris
    • By Phones4Chris 11th Apr 12, 6:51 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Phones4Chris
    Do you have a phone bill which shows your call to Virgin? If the bill doesn't show calls to 150, ring them up (don't mention your dispute) and ask them on what dates and times did you call 150 during October. Billing should have that information. Tell them to send the information by post if they won't tell you on the phone.

Edit: Do you still have the VM box for the TV? If you sent it back/they collected it, more evidence.
    Last edited by Phones4Chris; 12-04-2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Additional info.
    Every little helps hurts when you're retired
  • Squeekyclean
    Hi Phones4Chris
    I still have the bill from October but they haven't collected the box yet, I beleived they weren't that interested in the box as it was pretty old, I still have it.

I've emailed customer services but still waiting for a reply.
    They gave me a place in Swansea to contact to see if they had a recording of the call so will try that.
    I was with Virgin since they took over Telewest and was thinking of returning to them if the Sky internet didn't get a bit better but I will have second thoughts about that if this is not resolved.
    Can't beleive that a company would do this to a customer and then pretend they didn't know about it, no wonder Richard Branson can balloon all over the world, the company is full of them.
    I'm angry at the fact that I now need to prove the service was cancelled in October.
    The company in Swansea is obviously part of Virgin so why couldn't they contact them and find out if they had a recording of the phone call?
    Mortgage FREE as of March 2015
    Cash Prize Win - 2000 in TV competition - WOW
    Reclaimed 5872.50 in credit card & bank charges
  • clarajayne
    You should keep your virgin media box....we cancelled ages ago, heard nothing from them for months so we binned ours. A few weeks later out of the blue a chap came to the door to collect the box, because we didn't have it no more we were charged 198!
    • sariebeth
    • By sariebeth 20th Apr 12, 6:36 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 1,094 Thanks
    sariebeth
    Just adding my two cents worth...

I originally signed up to NTL when I was 20 and stayed with them through several home moves and through them becoming Virgin Media - 7 years in all. When I decided to move to France for the winter I rang to cancel. I was out of contract so thought it's be no problem...

...In the end I was on the phone for 1 hour 20 min and spoke to 10 different people as I was constantly passed from cancellations to home move department! They COULD NOT understand that yes I was technically moving home but I was also keeping my old address so didn't want/have a new address to give them.

I eventually managed to cancel, and emailed a complaint. I had run up at 17 phone bill which I wanted paying for. They agreed to refund my final bill payment and pay my phone bill. I got the amount for the phone bill and decided to write it off as a bad experience.

If you're listening Virgin Media, you have lost a customer of 7 years - I will never be going back. And I've gladly told everyone I know.
    Deposit 5880/10,000
    10 a day challenge - May 75.86/465
    Sparkle Challenge - Loose 1 stone 0/14lbs
  • bucephalus
    Just adding my two cents worth...

I originally signed up to NTL when I was 20 and stayed with them through several home moves and through them becoming Virgin Media - 7 years in all. When I decided to move to France for the winter I rang to cancel. I was out of contract so thought it's be no problem...

...In the end I was on the phone for 1 hour 20 min and spoke to 10 different people as I was constantly passed from cancellations to home move department! They COULD NOT understand that yes I was technically moving home but I was also keeping my old address so didn't want/have a new address to give them.

I eventually managed to cancel, and emailed a complaint. I had run up at 17 phone bill which I wanted paying for. They agreed to refund my final bill payment and pay my phone bill. I got the amount for the phone bill and decided to write it off as a bad experience.

If you're listening Virgin Media, you have lost a customer of 7 years - I will never be going back. And I've gladly told everyone I know.
    Originally posted by sariebeth
    they lost a customer of 7 years because they got confused?
  • Cambridge32
    I called 150 to cancel my Virgin Media subscription about a fortnight ago. After being on hold for 20 minutes I spoke with a man, who said that he would arrange cancellation, and then he put me through to a woman (on hold for another 5 minutes then). The woman told me that she would send somebopdy over to collect the Vbox at an appointed date (no time given, really helpful), and that there was a cancellation fee, and then asked me why I was cancelling and as I started to tell her, she cut me off. We moved out of our place having been told to expect the box to be collected but the only person from Virgin to show up was a salesman, who refused to accept the box and told us to leave it outside the house.

I had to call back today to make sure that we would not be charged for the box, and the man with whom I spoke told me that the woman had not in fact either cancelled my account or even booked an engineer to disconnect and collect the boxes. I said that if I was charged then I would pursue Virgin Media via the small claims court to recover any monies. The man said that he would arrange the cancellation and collection of equipment, but we shall see.

I was looking online for a complaints number to call but there isn't one - there is only the customer service line that does not offer a complaints option.
  • flexrider
    01483 750900 head office
    01642 191404 /5 customer services

found them by say no to 0870.com love that site

"MSE Money saving challenges..8/12/13 3,500 saved so far " p.s if i been helpfully please leave me a thank you but seek official advice at all times from a pro
    • ruggedtoast
    • By ruggedtoast 2nd May 12, 1:10 PM
    • 9,493 Posts
    • 20,145 Thanks
    ruggedtoast
    Is it possible to send a recorded letter to a PO box number?
    Originally posted by Zero
    It is, but its very unlikely the RM will bother to get a signature for it whether they deliver it or not. Recorded delivery is an utterly useless service.

If you want a signature and some confidence it has arrived then you have to send it special delivery.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,405Posts Today

7,363Users online

Martin's Twitter