Are XLN any good

Comments

• I have a small business and use Daisy http://www.daisyplc.com/. I have used them for 3 years and haven't had any problems. They are cheaper than BT. I have not used broadband from them but their new package appears tempting
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    JockTaff wrote: »
    I have a small business and use Daisy http://www.daisyplc.com/. I have used them for 3 years and haven't had any problems. They are cheaper than BT. I have not used broadband from them but their new package appears tempting

Do they charge less then www.18185.co.uk for their calls?
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Do they charge less then www.18185.co.uk for their calls?
    Who knows? http://www.daisyplc.com/ is so convoluted that finding a page giving call charges is impossible.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • I joined with XLN a few months ago and they've been as good as their word. I saved about 30% on line rental and probably more like 70-80% when I call mobiles! Not had any need to call them and test out customer service, but I've been assured the call centres are UK based. I can't fault them, though I understand they've had problems in the past (haven't we all!)
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    jonmcbride wrote: »
    I joined with XLN a few months ago and they've been as good as their word. I saved about 30% on line rental and probably more like 70-80% when I call mobiles! Not had any need to call them and test out customer service, but I've been assured the call centres are UK based. I can't fault them, though I understand they've had problems in the past (haven't we all!)

Excuse me being suspicious, but its your first post and you dig out and old thread,and tell us XLN are ok.:rotfl:
  • I have just been cold calledby XLN, so done some trawling here & am bothered by all posters extolling the virtues of XLN who just happened to have 1 post & only just joined the forum. Is there anyone out there who is a genuine member of MSE who can give a personal opinion. I do apologise if I have offended any of the new members!

Suzi
  • Ive been with XLN for 3 or 4 years now, and have never had any issues with them.

Until now. Wifey called them to change providers, next thing we get an automated message saying ther will be a £199 +VAT disconnection fee :mad:

Is this part of the rolling contract mentioned above?

Could I cancel my direct debit with them now or would they be able to delay my transfer if they wanted?

Got to call em tomorrow.
  • Called XLN today and got the usual -well its in the contract that you are on a rolling contract and its £199 +VAT to get out soon :mad:

So sod that, they aint getting that much of my hard earned. Have put my notice of cancellation in and will just wait till September when the contract runs out to jump ship.
  • mikeopvc
    mikeopvc Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 June 2009 at 5:24PM
    I just got off the phone to a company called XLN Telecom, I have never heard of them before but they offered me a deal of £15.99 per month for 600 mins and line rental and broadband.
    They also said they would upgrade my rersidential line to a business line for free.
    I'm with AOL at present and did explain to the caller that I am tied in until January 2010 but she said that was ok as XLN would negotiate with AOL and pay up to £150 cancellation fee for me.

Is this too good to be true?
    They are sending out the papers and said I would be on a 60 day trial and that I could cancel if not happy.

Has anyone got any advice please?

Thanks

Oh and by the way the Indian caller with a very strong Indian accent was called:

HAZEL SMITH :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • LeeSouthEast
    LeeSouthEast Posts: 3,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    General consensus seems to be they're OK now but were a bit dodgy in the past (2007).
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family