Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zzzLazyDaisy
    • By zzzLazyDaisy 16th Oct 08, 2:03 PM
    • 12,134Posts
    • 18,762Thanks
    zzzLazyDaisy
    The (not so old) Crocks Cafe
    • 16th Oct 08, 2:03 PM
    The (not so old) Crocks Cafe 16th Oct 08 at 2:03 PM
    *Raises the shutters*

*puts out tables and chairs outside to take advantage of the October sunshine*

*Puts out sign saying 'open for business'*

Anyone for afternoon tea and a chat?

Members of the Crocks Club

1 zzzLazyDaisy
    2 kpwll
    3 hm71
    4 rosieben
    5 Sharon59
    6 sparrer
    7 lozzer90
    8 littlemissmanics
    9 Horace
    10 margaretclare
    11 pink_fairy
    12 Lame Wolf
    13 lucyhope
    14 Altocumulus
    15 Kaat Lady
    16 Pink Jenn
    17 Carbonel
    18 Pipkin
    19 JJ7
    20 raeh
    21 wildflower
    22 DRAGON
    23 Magenta
    24 Rebel
    25 philnicandamy
    26 nichart
    Last edited by zzzLazyDaisy; 30-10-2008 at 4:18 PM.
Page 3
    • sparrer
    • By sparrer 17th Oct 08, 4:48 PM
    • 6,789 Posts
    • 53,702 Thanks
    sparrer
    welcome all.............. I do apologise , found my rug and dozed in the corner this morning. I promise I'll make the bacon sarnies tomorrow

Had a bad day today , so sod it I'm gonna open a cheeky little red , anyone care to join me??

sam.x
    Originally posted by kevsam65
    No wurries Kevsam, I like my siesta too . Will join you with my Earl Grey and you can have my red - though you may need that blanky and corner again !
    • Horace
    • By Horace 17th Oct 08, 5:41 PM
    • 14,111 Posts
    • 24,783 Thanks
    Horace
    Its a bit early for a little cheeky red, I will stick to coffee some of that nice dowe egberts with milk and two sugars please I am gasping, I haven't had a drink since I got out of bed this morning

Had a hellish day which involved me talking to the Institute who run my wedding planning course because my tutor gets on my tit - she never reads what I write and makes inane comments plus I am sure she can't count, the assignment said the client wanted an 8 piece orchestra and a load of other stuff but her budget was only 3000, I suggested lots of moneysaving ideas and even got a quote from a string quartet. Now the last time I looked a quartet had 4 people in it and was half the number of an 8-piece orchestra but it would appear that my tutor doesnt know that so she penalised me I have spoken to other students whom she is tutor to and they have all said the same. Well, I now have a new tutor but I want all my previous assignments remarked but have been told its not possible so I made another call to ASET who accredit the course for their comments. Can't you see I'm on my soapbox today:rolleyes:

Oh and I went out earlier and picked up a box of christmas decorations from a freecycler, she was clearing out an old lady's home, pity some of the glass ones have broken but I managed to salvage about 12 of these lovely old glass ones. I also have a box of plastic flowers, a hanging sign and a crochetted santa and snowman (they need a wash).

Sorry for whinging, I just needed to get if off my chest LOL.
    Semper in faeces profundum variat

Make 5 a day challenge Oct 2014 126.00/155
    Make 5 a day challenge Nov 2014 157.40/150
    Make 10 a day challenge Dec 2014 392.90/310
  • sleepymy
    Hello all
    I'm sleepy and I've had ME/CFS for a looong time now, I also have chronic migraine *creaks* :rolleyes: I'm married to an absolutely lovely eejit of a man, no kids (health never allowed for them) but have an old moggie and a 10/11 wk old pup who I'm fostering for my parents for a few months. Good to see this place so busy, hopefully it'll be a haven from the nonsense
    The stupid things you do, you regret... if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid. - Katharine Hepburn
  • kevsam65
    ok coffee's all round.....except for me , lol , this red is tasting better by the glass !! I'll tell you all my woes another time , most of you sound alot worse off than me to be fair (no disrespect) , but anyways........ theres your coffee's....I've tried to remember who has what......... snacks anyone?? Your wish is my command.................

sam.x
  • kevsam65
    hopefully it'll be a haven from the nonsense [/quote]

D'you know sleepy , I think it might well be !!!

sam.x
  • kevsam65
    Its a bit early for a little cheeky red, I will stick to coffee some of that nice dowe egberts with milk and two sugars please I am gasping, I haven't had a drink since I got out of bed this morning

Had a hellish day which involved me talking to the Institute who run my wedding planning course because my tutor gets on my tit - she never reads what I write and makes inane comments plus I am sure she can't count, the assignment said the client wanted an 8 piece orchestra and a load of other stuff but her budget was only 3000, I suggested lots of moneysaving ideas and even got a quote from a string quartet. Now the last time I looked a quartet had 4 people in it and was half the number of an 8-piece orchestra but it would appear that my tutor doesnt know that so she penalised me I have spoken to other students whom she is tutor to and they have all said the same. Well, I now have a new tutor but I want all my previous assignments remarked but have been told its not possible so I made another call to ASET who accredit the course for their comments. Can't you see I'm on my soapbox today:rolleyes:

Oh and I went out earlier and picked up a box of christmas decorations from a freecycler, she was clearing out an old lady's home, pity some of the glass ones have broken but I managed to salvage about 12 of these lovely old glass ones. I also have a box of plastic flowers, a hanging sign and a crochetted santa and snowman (they need a wash).

Sorry for whinging, I just needed to get if off my chest LOL.
    Originally posted by Horace

Thats why we're all here Horace....pull up a chair babe , and get closer the nice warm heater Lazy got for me..... tell you what , my tartan rug will stretch over both of us!!

sam.x
    • Horace
    • By Horace 18th Oct 08, 12:24 AM
    • 14,111 Posts
    • 24,783 Thanks
    Horace
    Who switched the lights off? I came stumbling in here looking for a nice hot chocolate with squirty cream and a flake but everyone must have gone home:rolleyes:

Yawn....its off to bed for me.

• altocumulus
    • By altocumulus 18th Oct 08, 10:15 AM
    • 567 Posts
    • 305 Thanks
    altocumulus
    knock - knock - you not open yet ....gasping for a coffee....
    • Horace
    • By Horace 18th Oct 08, 10:28 AM
    • 14,111 Posts
    • 24,783 Thanks
    Horace
    Ooh sorry I overslept, I shall get the kettle on.

Would you like a newspaper to read whilst you are waiting?

• sparrer
    • By sparrer 18th Oct 08, 10:51 AM
    • 6,789 Posts
    • 53,702 Thanks
    sparrer
    Oh goody, you're open ...can I just pop my Mr A bags down here in the corner (avoiding kevsams blanky ) while I nip to the market? Heard tell they're selling scoops of 'nanas at 1 a scoop and I love me 'nanas :rolleyes: . I'll be back for my EG and a buttery crumpet shortly!
    • Horace
    • By Horace 18th Oct 08, 11:19 AM
    • 14,111 Posts
    • 24,783 Thanks
    Horace
    Blimey, its getting busy in here...oh heck I have just burnt the crumpets Sorry if your coffee tastes odd, I picked up the gravy granules instead

We really need more staff....

• sparrer
    • By sparrer 18th Oct 08, 11:34 AM
    • 6,789 Posts
    • 53,702 Thanks
    sparrer
    Blimey, its getting busy in here...oh heck I have just burnt the crumpets Sorry if your coffee tastes odd, I picked up the gravy granules instead

We really need more staff....
    Originally posted by Horace
    Lucky my EG comes in bags then

Pass me an apron, I'll scrape the crumpets off and no-one will notice if we butter and jam them well . Second thoughts I'll just have one of me 'nanas on mine. Anyone else for a 'nana crumpet? Call it today's special
    • zzzLazyDaisy
    • By zzzLazyDaisy 18th Oct 08, 11:52 AM
    • 12,134 Posts
    • 18,762 Thanks
    zzzLazyDaisy
    Hiya, does this place run to Omelettes? I'm starving!

I decided to retreat to the cafe, as I have someone in my kitchen bashing holes in my door to fit a catflap - with all the noise it sounds like I'm gonna need a new door!

Mind if I help myself to coffee??
    • Horace
    • By Horace 18th Oct 08, 12:26 PM
    • 14,111 Posts
    • 24,783 Thanks
    Horace
    Feel free to join in Daisy.

• M.E.
    • By M.E. 18th Oct 08, 1:04 PM
    • 603 Posts
    • 3,453 Thanks
    M.E.
    Just enjoying a sit down amongst others with disability and no dosh, but soaking up "good vibes" in this virtual cafe.

• zzzLazyDaisy
    • By zzzLazyDaisy 18th Oct 08, 1:16 PM
    • 12,134 Posts
    • 18,762 Thanks
    zzzLazyDaisy
    Hello all
    I'm sleepy and I've had ME/CFS for a looong time now, I also have chronic migraine *creaks* :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by sleepymy
    Hi Sleepy, I have ME/FMS too (bet you spotted a kindred spirit form my user name, didn't you?). I've had crohn's disease from being a teenager, but developed ME/FMS after an acute episode needing emergency surgery and a long stay in hospital. I did gradually recover and returned to work, but in 2002 I had a car accident and injured my neck and back, which also caused a relapse of the FMS. I didn't recover as hoped, then it was discovered that I had a degenerative spinal condition which had been accelerated by the accident. So I didn't return to work, and lead a quieter life now, and strangely, although I have little Dosh, I am much happier and more relaxed.

I do tend to be a late starter though - good job Horace is around to do the early shift

PS - Hi to you too M.E..... I bet you are one of the ZZZ brigade too, huh?
    • tanith
    • By tanith 18th Oct 08, 3:23 PM
    • 7,981 Posts
    • 8,589 Thanks
    tanith
    Hi peeps... got a hankering for a nice apple danish if there is one going?

Its getting parky outside... so I think I will take the seat by the window... I can catch up and watch the world hurry on by...
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
    • altocumulus
    • By altocumulus 18th Oct 08, 4:15 PM
    • 567 Posts
    • 305 Thanks
    altocumulus
    parky - blimey I've not seen that word used for a looonnngggg time.... rather than the window seat, I've bagged one by the radiator....
  • sleepymy
    Hi Sleepy, I have ME/FMS too (bet you spotted a kindred spirit form my user name, didn't you?). I've had crohn's disease from being a teenager, but developed ME/FMS after an acute episode needing emergency surgery and a long stay in hospital. I did gradually recover and returned to work, but in 2002 I had a car accident and injured my neck and back, which also caused a relapse of the FMS. I didn't recover as hoped, then it was discovered that I had a degenerative spinal condition which had been accelerated by the accident. So I didn't return to work, and lead a quieter life now, and strangely, although I have little Dosh, I am much happier and more relaxed.

I do tend to be a late starter though - good job Horace is around to do the early shift

PS - Hi to you too M.E..... I bet you are one of the ZZZ brigade too, huh?
    Originally posted by zzzLazyDaisy
    Heh, I did suspect Sorry to hear about all your disasters! I've friends and a MIL with FMS, it's a nasty old thing. Thankfully, although I have a bit of fibro, I don't have the full FMS. It's difficult to know who's got what with all the overlapping that goes on, we're like a little lucky dip of diseases
    The stupid things you do, you regret... if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid. - Katharine Hepburn
    • zzzLazyDaisy
    • By zzzLazyDaisy 18th Oct 08, 6:32 PM
    • 12,134 Posts
    • 18,762 Thanks
    zzzLazyDaisy
    Just switching the heating up..... am feeling a bit nesh

Hi Tanith, where do you come from? 'Parky' was what they used to say where I grew up in North Lincs...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

654Posts Today

5,989Users online

Martin's Twitter