Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zzzLazyDaisy
    • By zzzLazyDaisy 16th Oct 08, 2:03 PM
    • 12,134Posts
    • 18,762Thanks
    zzzLazyDaisy
    The (not so old) Crocks Cafe
    • 16th Oct 08, 2:03 PM
    The (not so old) Crocks Cafe 16th Oct 08 at 2:03 PM
    *Raises the shutters*

*puts out tables and chairs outside to take advantage of the October sunshine*

*Puts out sign saying 'open for business'*

Anyone for afternoon tea and a chat?

Members of the Crocks Club

1 zzzLazyDaisy
    2 kpwll
    3 hm71
    4 rosieben
    5 Sharon59
    6 sparrer
    7 lozzer90
    8 littlemissmanics
    9 Horace
    10 margaretclare
    11 pink_fairy
    12 Lame Wolf
    13 lucyhope
    14 Altocumulus
    15 Kaat Lady
    16 Pink Jenn
    17 Carbonel
    18 Pipkin
    19 JJ7
    20 raeh
    21 wildflower
    22 DRAGON
    23 Magenta
    24 Rebel
    25 philnicandamy
    26 nichart
    Last edited by zzzLazyDaisy; 30-10-2008 at 4:18 PM.
Page 2
    • sheldon08
    • By sheldon08 16th Oct 08, 4:08 PM
    • 28,922 Posts
    • 70,528 Thanks
    sheldon08
    Hi.

I work with adults with Learning Disabilities and some also have physical disabilities so will pop in here from time to time if nobody minds.

I'm sure I'll learn lots from you guys and hope I could maybe offer support to anyone who cares for a person with LD at home.
    Mash p'tater, mash p'tater

• savingforarainyday
    • By savingforarainyday 16th Oct 08, 4:25 PM
    • 614 Posts
    • 3,716 Thanks
    savingforarainyday
    Hi. Sorry arrived a bit late story of my life.

I have ds. Home educated with Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Dyslexia. Hope you dont mind me joining.

Mines a coffee with Baileys in it.

• zzzLazyDaisy
    • By zzzLazyDaisy 16th Oct 08, 6:30 PM
    • 12,134 Posts
    • 18,762 Thanks
    zzzLazyDaisy
    *sloshes coffee in mugs with a couple of slugs of tia maria and bailey for good measure*

There you are, that should keep you all nice and warm

I'm clocking off now, but feel free to help yourselves....

See you guys tomorrow

Hugs

Daisy x
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th Oct 08, 8:09 PM
    • 67,705 Posts
    • 307,612 Thanks
    beanielou
    OOOh fantastic.
    We even have a cafe on our new board
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14. MFW. 15 months to mortgage freedom.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • hm71
    • By hm71 16th Oct 08, 8:17 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 2,685 Thanks
    hm71
    hi all, the cafe is open ah???I popped into the board to see if we had, had any joy re:thread merging. so will call back later.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge 128/270 balance 142
    2 saving club 140
    • mouseymousey99
    • By mouseymousey99 16th Oct 08, 8:19 PM
    • 1,829 Posts
    • 2,870 Thanks
    mouseymousey99
    Oh look a new place!! Oh goody.....hello all......well as its a virtual I'll have a bottle of your best red please, and don't worry I'll hand round the glasses. Light some candles on the table & puts some good music on - This is jolly good idea.
    • Horace
    • By Horace 16th Oct 08, 10:08 PM
    • 14,111 Posts
    • 24,783 Thanks
    Horace
    Wow a new place - can this not so old crock join in?

I have a back problem caused by a car accident years ago, I am finding recently that if I stand for 5 minutes or am on my feet for longer my back seizes up and I can barely bend and if I do bend down I cannot get back up again I think I need to get a TENS machine.

I have glaucoma too - I have the body of a 46 year old and the eyes of a 70 year old I have a cataract in my left eye which my consultant wants me to have removed but as it won't improve my sight I don't see the point so it may have to be done for medical reasons:rolleyes: Still it doesnt stop me doing stuff (well, except for hiking, and changing lightbulbs).
    Semper in faeces profundum variat

Make 5 a day challenge Oct 2014 126.00/155
    Make 5 a day challenge Nov 2014 157.40/150
    Make 10 a day challenge Dec 2014 392.90/310
  • kevsam65
    Ok.....who's nicked my tartan rug??

Right , I'll get the kettle on then........:rolleyes:

sam.x
    • zzzLazyDaisy
    • By zzzLazyDaisy 17th Oct 08, 10:19 AM
    • 12,134 Posts
    • 18,762 Thanks
    zzzLazyDaisy
    Hi Sam, bacon buttie for me please, and milky coffee

I need to build my strength up, I've got physio this aft
    • altocumulus
    • By altocumulus 17th Oct 08, 11:01 AM
    • 567 Posts
    • 305 Thanks
    altocumulus
    Opening time's a bit irregular in this cafe.....!....what no eclairs - again - menu please .... oops, mine's on the dark side thanks.... hic....
    • zzzLazyDaisy
    • By zzzLazyDaisy 17th Oct 08, 11:06 AM
    • 12,134 Posts
    • 18,762 Thanks
    zzzLazyDaisy
    *slips some vodka in the milk bottle*

Here have some more milk, that will make it taste much better
    • Horace
    • By Horace 17th Oct 08, 11:52 AM
    • 14,111 Posts
    • 24,783 Thanks
    Horace
    Bleurrrgh....this milk tastes off
    Semper in faeces profundum variat

Make 5 a day challenge Oct 2014 126.00/155
    Make 5 a day challenge Nov 2014 157.40/150
    Make 10 a day challenge Dec 2014 392.90/310
    • kpwll
    • By kpwll 17th Oct 08, 1:05 PM
    • 3,812 Posts
    • 11,989 Thanks
    kpwll
    When someone gets around to allocating membership numbers please add me, I like the idea of belonging to The Crock's Club, after all hubby is a founding member of the Grumps Cub.
    • zzzLazyDaisy
    • By zzzLazyDaisy 17th Oct 08, 1:33 PM
    • 12,134 Posts
    • 18,762 Thanks
    zzzLazyDaisy
    Oh that's a good idea!

(How do we go about allocating membership numbers, please??)
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 17th Oct 08, 1:46 PM
    • 16,961 Posts
    • 145,238 Thanks
    JackieO
    Hi Chums ,spotted this online this morning and thought I'd stick my two 'pennorth in. I have osteo-arthritis in most of my joints, and that causes me to be online at odd times of the day or night when I can't sleep too well.
    I am also recovering and in remission from breast cancer, which I was diagnosed with just over a year ago. I have had my 'grotty bit' whipped off just over a year ago, and last week I had the scar re-sectioned as it had healed badly, and excess tissue removed.I am a bit stiff at the moment as I'm still full of stitches so can't type for very long but everyday it is improving.
    Its good to see a new board on here, and I look forward to seeing more folk using it.
    I am a granny of seven (5 boys and two girls) whom I adore and have two smashing DD's who have been amazing to me since I lost my OH five and a half years ago. Although I am the wrong side of 60 I am not a grumpy old soul as I like to keep my spirits up (mines a large G&T,ice 'n'slice, by the way)I am interested in almost everything, and am doing a part-time CCS course at Kent Uni to keep my little grey cells in use. I enjoy going to the movies,genealogy,history and reading. I am also a sucker for (large) cream cakes and Latte coffee so I think that just about covers everything . see you all again soon I hope, gotta go as my arms aching a bit after all of that
    Cheers JackieO x
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • zzzLazyDaisy
    • By zzzLazyDaisy 17th Oct 08, 1:54 PM
    • 12,134 Posts
    • 18,762 Thanks
    zzzLazyDaisy
    Hi JackieO, and welcome! Sounds like you've had a right time off it recently!

No reason why the Crocks Cafe can't stay open for the night owls too

Here, join me in a clorie free caramel elephant's foot cream bun with that Latte

(Yum!).

xx
    • sparrer
    • By sparrer 17th Oct 08, 2:39 PM
    • 6,789 Posts
    • 53,702 Thanks
    sparrer
    Ooh, this looks like a nice place, new isn't it? I'll just look through the window and see what it's like...

Mmm, friendly, warm, welcoming, great looking choccie cake and is that Earl Grey I see on the shelf? That's it then, I want to come in please!

Hi, I'm 61, have COPD and recovering from depression. (With goodies like choccie cake it won't take long, specially if I could just, pretty please, have a smattering of double cream on it )

I'm a recovering alkie 3 1/2 years sober but please go ahead with the Baileys, gin etc it doesn't bother me today. I have fun and laugh as loud as the next one without alcohol any more . (Have a Mum aged 87 who drinks like a fish but that's okay with me, we go on hols together 2+ times a year and I feel sorry for her having to look for a pub mid morning). It's a cig I'd kill for at times! Gave that up in March last year after getting pneumonia and has left its legacy but after 40 years smoking I wasn't going to get away scot free, now was I? :rolleyes:

Right, thats the rubbish over...I have 2 amazing children, 1 DD, 1 DS and various grandchildren who are the light of my life. I also have two feral cats, bro and sis called Ying and Yang - should have called them Seek and Destroy. Plus a German Spitz (not what I call him) that I have on long-term foster cos he was getting picked on by the rest of the 'pack'. DD shows/breeds them but he's just a wimp so until she finds him another home (yeah, right..) he's with me.

I have a lovely little HA semi in a small rural town and and auto car called KEFI. I'll buy the first person to work out why a big wedge of cake!

Now, if I stop chattering long enough I'll be able to place my order though I think it's alread pretty obvious what I'm having...

Lovely to meet you all,
    Sparrer
    • altocumulus
    • By altocumulus 17th Oct 08, 3:10 PM
    • 567 Posts
    • 305 Thanks
    altocumulus
    milk - yeuch! - how could you in a black coffee...
    • tanith
    • By tanith 17th Oct 08, 3:28 PM
    • 7,981 Posts
    • 8,589 Thanks
    tanith
    Ahh a new watering hole... sounds like it could be interesting... I will be popping in and out for quick cuppa and a natter.... creaky bones allowing...
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • kevsam65
    welcome all.............. I do apologise , found my rug and dozed in the corner this morning. I promise I'll make the bacon sarnies tomorrow

Had a bad day today , so sod it I'm gonna open a cheeky little red , anyone care to join me??

sam.x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,934Posts Today

8,794Users online

Martin's Twitter