Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • crs281
    • By crs281 22nd Oct 19, 6:11 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 4Thanks
    crs281
    High bill due to alleged leak
    • 22nd Oct 19, 6:11 PM
    High bill due to alleged leak 22nd Oct 19 at 6:11 PM
    I received a water bill for just over £1500, which is ridiculously high.

I contacted South Staffs and they said the meter alerted them to a possible leak in Dec Ď18 to Jan Ď19, to which they sent an engineer in Feb. An engineer did come and perform tests, and said he couldnít find a leak, and said it was only a slight spike/I may have left tap running for a while, which I didnít.

I received my bill in March which was only slightly higher than usual, for £154, the previous was £147.

They insist there was a leak, using 25+ bath fulls a day for a month. The housing association says there has been no leak or leak repair, but that other tenants had reported higher bills for wrong meter estimates for the previous year.

I logged onto my South Staffs water account to get a copy of the full bill from March to check the water meter reading, as I only kept the first page, but the original one has been deleted by them and replaced with a bill for £1467, which isnít the one they sent, but strangely the bill date on the letter they have states 03/10/19, 7 months after what itís meant to be.

They are demanding payment within 7 days. What can I do about this? There 100% wasnít a leak, and thereís no way Iíve used that much water, I live on my own.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

545Posts Today

5,099Users online

Martin's Twitter