BT Broadband, Phone and TV cashback deal

1171819202123»

Comments

• BARRY2
    BARRY2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Bt are terrible!! They can only do it because they've got a monopoly on the lines!
  • BARRY2
    BARRY2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    THESE HEROES TRIED TO SELL ME THEIR TELLY DEAL BY SAYING I COULD WATCH
    THE WORLD CUP! IT'S ON THE BBC & ITV AND EVERY OTHER CHANNEL IN THE WORLD! IDIOTS!
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Seems like its a lottery with all the suppliers and you may be an unlucky one and receive bad service.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    BARRY2 wrote: »
    Bt are terrible!! They can only do it because they've got a monopoly on the lines!

Except they don't have a monopoly, other than that, cool story bro'
  • diane***
    diane*** Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I had a deal for 2 years at £61 for tv , landline /free calls local and internet, they put the price up 4 times in the first year lol........... they said they'd emailed me and I had not responded within 4 weeks so i'd consented by not replying .
    I had not received the emails........... some wally from customer service smugly told me I was !!!!!!ed , they held all the cards.........pay and shut up..... I could go to the ombudsman but I would be wasting my ink.... he then said he'd tolerated my whining for 15 minutes when he could have put the call to an end in 5 but he was being polite........... that's the gist lol......... needless to say I wasn't polite.... I got the letter after the second call requesting it to take it to the ombudsman.
    short story.... me , ombudsman, .....BT lost........ I didn't have to pay more nor did I have to pay the £300 exit fee from the contract.
    BT customer service is useless........... the internet here is excellent though through them.... so no other choices............. country living.
    fight and don't let the wally from their ''go away , sod off'' service stop you.....fight for good care you deserve it
  • RE post 216 (page 11)

BT customer service!
    Ombudsman found in my favour.
    Bt paid me £100, and sent a letter stating zero balance regarding my account.

So much for the arrogant Yvonne from ELC stating that BT would win.
    The Ombudsman were VERY interested in the recording I sent as evidence
    where she stated that BT were part of the Ombudsmans service, intimating
    that BT were on some sort of panel that decided guilt/innocence.
    Anyway. Excellent assistance from the Ombudsmans service.

My advice is to record any and all 'phone calls you make or receive,
    and jot down interesting points made or said by, in this instance, BT.
    They lie and try to intimidate e.g. in my case sent a letter demanding
    immediate payment, or else debt collectors, credit reference agency
    'stuff', court etc. Libby Barr - your department is not fit for purpose.
    One lost customer, and people can make their own minds up as to the quality
    of BT regarding service 1/10, price 1/10 and threats to customers when BT
    is wrong and just won't listen - because they are BT.

Also there may be criminal proceedings from various agencies against BT eg Trading Standards
    as I sent them all my evidence in the duration of this matter (Jan - April)
    and what they do is out of my hands, but criminal behaviour by companies
    should be prosecuted, even if they think they are too big to care!
  • clog
    clog Posts: 1 Newbie
    I signed for BT broadband almost a year ago.
    It took 3 months of hassle to get the £150 prepaid mastercard.
    I am still waiting for the £50 cashback cheque.
    I've worked out its taken me over 9 hours of my life chasing with phone calls, BTs online chat.
    I filled in their online complaint form (again), they called me and said I would get my cheque in 30 days (again) and said it was their partners fault.
    I would never use BT again EVER!!.
  • Having the same problem as you clog. Service was activated 2-3 months ago and I still cant get the £145 mastercard and £50 cashback offered on signup. Definitely not worth switching from my previous provider.
  • king312
    king312 Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    RECENT OFFER to parents (then taken away): £28/month BT Infinity with 60mb and anytime landline calls and less if I pay line rental upfront. Umpteenth offer given which is more expensive than the MSE deal I signed up to. Currently paying £22.50 for above plus BT TV.

PLAN: LEAVE BT.

WHY: Price rise in contract but received no notice, normal January bill despite supposed price rise, normal February bill then following bill had price rises plus retrospective billing (bloody cheeky). Told they sent me a mass email last November then changed to December and records show nothing has actually been sent! Refused to allow me to leave contract given price rises and no notice. Asked for copies of the notice but could not provide. Solution to complaint was to ask me to take up mobile phone offer - told them that is not a solution. Complained via Resolver and given solution of a the above deals (cheaper than market offers but more expensive than current and given that -anytime calls are chargeable to mobiles works out very expensive overall as parents do not want mobiles). Requested provide notice or refund the retrospective price increases, I will pay higher rental - which I though was reasonable. BT refused to budge, took it to the ombudsman whom confirm BT should give me 30 day leaving period and until it does it has to refund any price difference in line rental and calls plus £30 compensation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure