Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • passatrider
    • By passatrider 19th Aug 12, 8:29 PM
    • 805Posts
    • 764Thanks
    passatrider
    Orange 'Free' Broadband
    • 19th Aug 12, 8:29 PM
    Orange 'Free' Broadband 19th Aug 12 at 8:29 PM
    I've been an Orange broadband user since the days of Wanadoo takeover.
    Now, when I took out a phone contract a few years back I was given Home Broadband 'free for life' or so I thought. This was provided you kept the phone contract and it was a plan over 30.

Two years ago I left my contract and went Orange Pay as You Go as I was informed that as long as I kept my Orange phone and kept credit on it, the free Broadband would still continue.

Today, I get an email from Orange informing me that my 'Free for life' Broadband will cease from 17/10/12 as I no longer have a contract with them - even though I left my contract in October 2010.
    To continue with this offer I have to take out an Orange phone plan again and also take a Home phone plan.

Where do I stand with this?
Page 158
    • nobby1963
    • By nobby1963 1st Sep 15, 8:19 AM
    • 305 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    nobby1963
    Hi Shambler,
    My free for life BB - given with pay monthly mobile contracts years ago was supposed to end back in 2012 ( when this thread was started ) after Orange announced that the ' offer ' was ending.
    There was quite an uproar at the time as can be seen here.
    Can't moan any more about it now though - but I was very pro active at the time.
    Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
    • Shambler
    • By Shambler 2nd Sep 15, 6:42 PM
    • 749 Posts
    • 542 Thanks
    Shambler
    Hi Nobby, seems strange to me that they didn't want my 10 a month or maybe they are just being greedy wanting me to take out phone line too.

They called the other day, saying the letter may have been poorly worded as it didn't give me any options...they asked me if I wanted compensation...they asked if there was anything they could offer to make me stay...they said I'd been with them for such a long time it was a shame to end it lol.

They really have shot themselves in the foot
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,370Posts Today

8,643Users online

Martin's Twitter