Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    the thinker
    DLA fraud check
    • 18th Jul 10, 2:43 PM
    DLA fraud check 18th Jul 10 at 2:43 PM
    Hi Has anyone had a letter from DLA stating that " we have received information that puts your entitlement to DLA under suspicion " along with a 6 page review of entitlement pack ??
    I am so amazed and suprised to see it - i have completed the forms and sent them off - after 2 weeks i received a letter stating that they have written to my GP and hospital for information. I have been getting DLA HRM and MRC for the past 11 years and my last renewal was 18 months ago and was awarded as "indefinate".
    Has someone taken it upon themselves to try and challenge me and the DLA as to the validity of my claim ? ie: some sort of jealousy or whatever ? it seems odd that this should occour after my receiving my new and first mobility car !! I am at twos and sixes as to what the results will be - i am of course doing NOTHING illegal and my claim is genuine. Also i have a new GP at one of these "new GP health centers " whom i have only seen a couple of times and am worried as to if he will answer the DLA questions as adequately as my old GP whom had known me for years - i hpoe so. any advice welcome thankyou.
Page 21
  • WhiteHorse
    Tomorrow I am going to the doctors on my DLA funded magic carpet
    Originally posted by karatedragon
    Would that be the one which costs the NHS ten times as much as it costs an ordinary person when bought over the counter?
    "Never underestimate the mindless force of a government bureaucracy
    seeking to expand its power, dominion and budget"

Jay Stanley, American Civil Liberties Union.
  • Aputsiaq
    i think the person/s who make these complaints should be made to give there contact details to dwp, so if the report of fraud ends up to be false then they can claim all costs back to the complainant..
    if they are not willing to give there details to dwp then the complaint should just be ijnored as vindictive
    Originally posted by pwales
    How do you know they havent willingly left their name and address?

None of us know the OP.....we only have one side of a story.

On the one hand we say "Benefit cheats should be flushed out and made to pay every penny back"....and then there are the others who say "These people should keep their noses out of things they know nothing about".

How do we know who, if anyone, reported the OP? It might have been a close family member who DOES know the ins and outs for all we know.

At the end of the day, there has arisen a need to investigate....and they do NOT issue a full investigation based on one persons say so.

They may have received a 'tip-off' regarding the claim and they may have followed that up by a viewing, whereby the claimant is watched.

OP....be honest, be factual and keep your cool. If everything is as it should be, then you wont have anything to worry about.
  • kusadasi040667
    Atos
    When you know the truth come back and ask the same question.
    Originally posted by DX2
    I agree with DX2 on this one. I know more than many that DWP make mistakes but do you honestly think that the government would actually be that stupid to use Doctors that have been struck off ? They would lay themselves open to huge court cases! Some of the ATOS medics are semi-retired who mainly work part time,possibily to aid there pension .
    ATOS do often leave a lot to be desired not just to claimants but also to DWP staff obviously I can only speak for myself with regard to ATOS issues. Funny ATOS declared that I was too ill to work and the correct path was for me to stop working on a full pension which DWP agreed with as they were unable to place me in a new role as I either worked with customers dealing with claims especially claims that were complex or/and unhappy customers & training new staff.
    So I agreed to follow the instructions of ATOS (also pain management clinic,consultant,GP & DWP management)then HR got involved to do the maths .... As I was only 42 yrs old& with civil service compensation scheme(which DM decides from 0%-100%)it would have been a few bob.HR decided I should go to see a private DR some 80 odd miles away.The minute I arrived I knew it was going to be a less than great meeting.He was more interested that he had a streaming cold & hacking cough !!(I thought thanks as got ill).He hadn't read my notes at all didn't know what was wrong with me or my job role which I felt was kinda relevant. Anyway surprise he sent a report completely the opposite of other gov doctor! In the end I didn't get a enhanced pension which I didn't fight for as I never wanted to fleece the DWP & I actually felt sorry for my managers as they were so upset but powerless I did get 100% comp which went on a powerchair & hoist etc for car.
    So you see there is confusion both ways with ATOS I got I.B & DLA without an issue as that would have been interesting K
  • kusadasi040667
    Bubble lamp
    OK.....

Using my Care component I purchsed an MP3 player and a Column Bubble Lamp as these are care items.

Did you know I couldn't get these on prescription from the Doctor but was advised by them to get these.

I now await with interest people's comments and speculations regarding this.
    Originally posted by karatedragon
    Understand million% I had to buy one many years ago for my child
    I was lucky as a family member worked within the care field so I was able to get a large tubed lamp at cost price but even so still cost a fair bit. That was also bought on reccomendation by OT. It was money well spent used lots and lasted years K
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,562Posts Today

7,671Users online

Martin's Twitter