Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 23
  • Trialia
    Because it is so cold are you up in the North of Scotland???
    Originally posted by skcollobcat10
    5 Celsius? Do you really think that? It's been down to -18C in Greater Manchester over the last three weeks...
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 20th Jan 10, 6:18 AM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,170 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Yeah but they are all means tested!!

Normal people don't get them. Meaning that you are all probably in council accomodation, those of which get it all, if you OWN your own home you get nothing.
    Originally posted by skcollobcat10
    Normal people? :confused:

I received the 25 CWP and have always considered myself 'normal'!

Suprisingly, those who own their own home, but meet the qualifying criteria, would also receive the CWP. Are they 'normal' by default?
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 20th Jan 10, 6:27 AM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,170 Thanks
    pipkin71
    I think a lot of the aggression here probably stems from a defensiveness people are feeling because they thought of this sub-forum as being a 'disability friendly' place and were upset by the amount of non-disabled people posting what could be viewed as inflammatory posts.

Perhaps discussions about whether people should consider themselves disabled or receive benefits etc. belong in discussion time? And this sub-forum should be reserved for disablility related matters?
    Originally posted by qwertyuiop12345
    Good points qwertyuiop.

I suppose, like other threads - benefts, debt, families, they aren't exclusively for those groups, and someone will have their own thoughts on a subject, even if they don't have meet the criteria for that board, if you like.

I don't think we should monitor who is allowed where. As adults though, people should be monitoring what they post, themselves. There has been no need for many of the posts in this particular thread.
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • soolin
    • By soolin 20th Jan 10, 8:50 AM
    • 62,973 Posts
    • 45,344 Thanks
    soolin
    Closed and referred to main team.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • Former MSE Dan
    We're going to leave this thread closed as it has run its course and become too large a drain on our resources. Sadly what could have been a helpful thread has ended up as an argument.

Please remember the forum golden rule - BE NICE TO OTHER MONEYSAVERS AT ALL TIMES
    Last edited by Former MSE Dan; 20-01-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,810Posts Today

7,782Users online

Martin's Twitter