Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • swebb
    • By swebb 29th Jul 05, 8:20 PM
    • 1,029Posts
    • 595Thanks
    swebb
    Virgin Media Retention thread
    • 29th Jul 05, 8:20 PM
    Virgin Media Retention thread 29th Jul 05 at 8:20 PM
    Following my phone call to NTL yesterday, I thought I ought to make people aware. Seeing some other postings, I decided to try and get a better deal for my broadband. I'm on 2MB @ 24.99 a month and have been a customer for 2 years. I phoned, mentioned Tiscali equivalent is 17.99 and got 3MB @ 17.50 for 3 months. I explained that in 3 months I'll be in the same situation, so why should I stay? The lady explained that this is the best offer she can do at the moment - the offers change and to ring back in 3 months. So basically, if you ring every 3 months you can get the better deal all the time - the lady confirmed this with me. 17.50 for 3 MB of broadband is very good. I think it's 37 a month normally. I don't mind ringing every 3 months if I can get this sort of deal. Thought this might be useful for others.
Page 103
  • pepsicola
    Talk Unlimited
    Broadband 20MB Highspeed
    V+ Box - FREE indefinately
    Second set-top box FREE indefinately
    TV XL
    Caller Display/ Divert / Call awaiting

60 amonth indefinately
    Originally posted by Night-owl
    now you are really confusing me, is it 50 or 60 a month? sorry i don't know how to quote again but you already said the following?

I did, I have been given the following all for 50 a month:

V+ FREE - For long as I remain a customer
    Telephone Talk Unlimited
    TV XL
    Second set top box - 10 Charge waived for long as a customer
    20MB Broadband

I have to say, 50 is still alot but without entering another contract I doubt I could get it much lower and I dont want to enter a new 12 months contract as I may be moving.
  • andybodoyd
    Wondered what mood Virgin and retensions are in at moment. Already get 40 off a month loyalty package but not happy with paying 18 a month for Medium broadband when new customers are getting it for 9. Don't want to push my luck.Anyone phoned recently?
    • November2
    • By November2 27th Jun 08, 8:40 PM
    • 892 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    November2
    Hi, I phoned today. Was originally a NTL customer and have been paying 11 for phone and 15 for dial up. I told them I was unhappy as they were offering on their website new customers broadband and phone for 15.50, yet if I tried to upgrade to broadband it was quoting me around 30. They said the 15.50 was not for new customers but was for existing customers too. I pointed out it said on their website for new customers, he then said yes if you book it on the internet. If you phone then it is for existing customers too! I have received various offers via the post over the past few months, none have mentioned 15.50, in fact most offers have been dearer than I was paying! About an hour later I got a phone call saying I could have a free TV box with a 30 installation charge, I said I didn't want TV as I already have SKY TV, he then said the 30 is waived and they'll give me the box and install for free!
    How many people know the 15.50 is for existing customers too I wonder!
  • adamuk73
    Virgin M phone and XL broadband.
    I had the M broadband and M phone package paying 30/mo for it. Phoned about 3 months ago and they said they wouldn't change. I badgered them again (get somone in the UK not India) and got their XL broadband and M phone for the advertised price of 31/mo. So admittedly not saving any money but definitely got better value for money.

Speed test says 9meg (advertised at 24) but there you go.
    • wazza
    • By wazza 27th Jun 08, 10:16 PM
    • 2,575 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    wazza
    what is the phone number for customer retentions nowadays?
  • Night-owl
    It is 60, I just checked.
    Looks like VM dont like cutting your bill down much these days, owell.
    I guess Im stuck with them now, new contract and all.
    Rang them again yesterday, couldnt do anything more to lower my bill, only if I go to bog standard services, not doing that because then theres no point.
    DELETE ACCOUNT.

NO LONGER WANTED

DELETE ACCOUNT

Due to certain users I no longer wish to use this forum
  • tallpault
    Hi does anyone know could i cancel with virgin and then sign back up again through quidco and get the 100 quid and virgin 30 quid off as well for 3 services.I am wanting the broadband m,xl and virgin mobile.I am paying 22 quid just now for phone and broadband,but i am wanting to add mobile phone as well.Any help would be much appreciated.
    • A Nice Englishman
    • By A Nice Englishman 28th Jun 08, 7:30 PM
    • 2,198 Posts
    • 1,302 Thanks
    A Nice Englishman
    Wondered what mood Virgin and retensions are in at moment. Already get 40 off a month loyalty package but not happy with paying 18 a month for Medium broadband when new customers are getting it for 9. Don't want to push my luck.Anyone phoned recently?
    Originally posted by andybodoyd
    See my post above. They offered to reduce my M broadband to 13.50 but they actually seem to be charging 10. Don't know if they'd do this if you're already getting a 40 discount though.
  • suji
    Hi everyone, this may not be right post to post it here and i did not know where to post it. I have to move my house and there is no cable service in the new area so i had to disconnect VM. I am thinking of moving to Sky can anyone advise me what is the best way to go forward. If the option is only sky then what are the best deals available, i checked and the cheapest i found is 26 incl. Bt line. I also want asian channels. Greatful for advice.
  • johntheboy2001
    Try try try again
    I recently phoned virgin to try and get my broadband upgraded but i did not want to pay anymore, (on medium package)
    I ve been a customer for three years after a lot of perstistance got 5 off monthly bill, not what i wanted but better that i poke with a sharp stick.
    Then i phone again cancellations this time and managed to get upgraded broadband for just 1.30 a month.
    So good saving over all.
    So just keep trying
    • wazza
    • By wazza 28th Jun 08, 9:54 PM
    • 2,575 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    wazza
    what is the phone number for customer retentions nowadays?
    Originally posted by wazza
    Does anyone know which number to ring? I don't have NTL phone so will be using the BT line.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,344Posts Today

7,193Users online

Martin's Twitter