Cutting Down Alcohol Thread

Comments

• Paspatur
    Paspatur Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    You're doing brilliantly Paspatur, and I totally understand why you don't want to get into the habit of relying on AF beer. Keep re-inforcing the great new habits you're forming so that you have milestones. I bought blue pots for our sundeck for one milestone and they still look fab years later. Then I signed up for a plastering course, followed by a woodworking course and a few others. There are many, many ways to spend the money you save!

In the early days I didn't know about AF beers, and it was tough relying on getting through an evening out on tomato juice (too acidic) or softies (too sugary). Flavoured waters never appealed to me but I know they work for other people.

I had a major, major wobble last night after nearly four years. Admittedly it was in my dreams, but I knew exactly what I was doing when I said yes to having a scotch, even going so far as to choose to have it from a shot glass so it wasn't a large one. I can't even pretend I thought I was still a drinker, either, because I knew I was blowing a near four year AF run.
    I have bought a few bits and pieces with the money saved but hadn't thought of doing it on milestone days, I will now
    Well done on the courses, I won't be doing that - I was once psychometric tested for a job and the report said I should not operate machinery and in fact should probably not even use hand tools!!!! Luckily I have some very handy family members. I did score very highly on numbers and language. Think it relates to my messed up eyesight, monocular vision and no depth perception!

I cannot stand soft drinks, tried a few again recently and it is like eating spoons of sugar to me

Your dream is scary, the brain is a strange thing

Well done to everyone else, too many to mention are meeting or beating targets

23/31 for tonight please Baileys
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,305 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning all, 21/21 for me today please. Smiley day, hurrah :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 March 2018 at 8:01PM
    Best of luck for good news about the job interview, E Lucy!
    Paspatur wrote: »
    I was once psychometric tested for a job and the report said I should not operate machinery and in fact should probably not even use hand tools!!!! Luckily I have some very handy family members. I did score very highly on numbers and language. Think it relates to my messed up eyesight, monocular vision and no depth perception!

I've got rotten eyesight Paspatur but plastering is just basically icing a very big cake and carpentry is slicing bread, but French sticks instead of a cob. Nothing complicated. As for psychometric tests - I'd sign up for maths, French and German A levels immediately. And if you've already got them, physics, Chinese and Norweigan. Play to your strengths and all that.

24/31 please, Baileys.
    Better is good enough.
  • cathybird wrote: »
    Morning all, 21/21 for me today please. Smiley day, hurrah :)

and not just one but a doubley bubbly well done on hitting target day cathybird:T:T:T
  • Paspatur
    Paspatur Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Honey_Bear wrote: »

I've got rotten eyesight Paspatur but plastering is just basically icing a very big cake and carpentry is slicing bread, but French sticks instead of a cob. Nothing complicted. As for psychometric tests - I'd sign up for maths, French and German A levels immediately. And if you've already got them, physics, Chinese and Norweigan. Play to your strengths and all that.
    My dodgy shoulder would not like plastering and I cannot judge distance so slice everything squint - oh dear sounds like I am falling to bits!
    As a retired accountant I never want to play with numbers again, already speak German and a bit of Norwegian ( worked for them for years) and Turkish
    I am happy for now with gardening, reading, cooking, Grandma duties and lots of holidays
    I loved my job but the last few years before I took early retirement were very stressful and involved working away from home so I am still learning to chill out (without beer)
    24/31 for today please Baileys
  • 19/23

Going out later but do not feel interested in drinking today. Been quite good overall recently and Thursday was a bit of a shock to the system. So trying for none this weekend and taking next week as it comes.

Some really good numbers and positivie posts here even without the numbers. xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    14/25 AFDs today
  • Barny1979 wrote: »
    14/25 AFDs today

well done on 14 days Barny :T:T:T
  • Itisme_2
    Itisme_2 Posts: 152 Forumite