Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    I did sleep better, but was still up and down. But it was better, Thankyou.

I have tried to get DS to go to the doctor and he has made appointments and missed them . I don't actually know which doctor he is registered with at the moment to contact them.
    As he is an adult they will not discuss him with me anyway. Remember the twins? After 16 I had no say
    He messaged eventually to say he is doing something, but then blamed his not answering on faulty iPad. He no longer has a mobile phone as his sister gave up paying for it when he needed the car insurance done. He keeps missing payments for that and will no longer be insured at the end of the month if he doesn't find the money to pay her back.
    She has not got enough money to pay for it.

I am going to try to forget about it today and let him get on with what ever he is or is not doing.
    Time to wake Dgd she has school at 8am today.
    BF didn't come yesterday so I went to bed fairly early.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Tescodealqueen
    Tescodealqueen Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Mooloo, I have no answers but am certainly sending positive vibes to you and definitely think that what you earn should be helping you first of all and your new plans should help with that. I worry about some people too sometimes to my own detriment but my OH is right when he says that in a plane they tell you to put on your own oxygen mask before helping others as you can't really help if you dont.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    So glad that you slept well Mooloo - and my suggestion for today is just take one step at a time, thinking only of that - ie now that DGD is at school, make yourself a good healthy breakfast - then the next step, and the next one and so on!

One step at a time xxxx
  • Savvy_sewing
    thorsoak wrote: »
    So glad that you slept well Mooloo - and my suggestion for today is just take one step at a time, thinking only of that - ie now that DGD is at school, make yourself a good healthy breakfast - then the next step, and the next one and so on!

One step at a time xxxx

I usually go straight to work from school but I hadn't had breakfast so I have come home. Mind you I don't think my breakfast was healthy. I just toasted two hot cross buns because they needed eating.
    I have heard from BF this morning and he intends to come here tonight.
    I hope he accepts that I am not going to be great company at the moment.

The sun is out this morning, which is lovely to see.
    My walk up the hill to work today should be full of bird songs then.
    I did contemplate walking to work but decided against it as I will need to collect Dgd at 5 ish and by the end of the day I will probably not feel up to the challenge.
    I am going to chat with Biggest about having a sale on stock for the next week a Stock Taking Sale. Let's see if we can shift some of our remnants stock.
    I will just have to continue keeping on for now.
    I will be glad of our Easter break that is for sure.
    By then DS will be somewhere anyway!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,840 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mooloo

Can Biggesst sort some remnant bundles and sell on internet for you?
  • vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    How about destash groups on Facebook, there are plenty out there.
  • Savvy_sewing
    I measured and priced 10 fabric lengths today, and I will photograph them tomorrow. Then I will upload them to Facebook and see if I can sell them.
    I am going to aim to price up 10 pieces each day.
    Biggest is not really very well. She is also wondering if she's got her dates wrong and could be further along in her pregnancy than she thought. She will know in a fortnight. So I will probably not be asking her to do too much extra for now.
    Biggest has put £10 on DSs phone and had it unlocked as he had not topped it up for over 3 months EE had blocked it. We can now reach him again. She is going to get her husband to help him move his furniture at the weekend.
    I haven't spoken to him today.
    I settled into the alterations doing trousers mostly today. I worked until 5.30 and managed over £150 worth of work done. Helps me feel back on track. Big curtains tomorrow!!

Steak and salad for dinner tonight as had steak luring in the freezer.
    Spoke to my Brother tonight. He agrees that I should wind down the retail over the next year and work from home after my lease is finished.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    That sounds like a positive and productive day Mooloo . i hope biggest is ok . Dinner sounds lovely and you've done well today .
    Pleased to hear your brother is supportive of your plan .
    Sending good positive vibes for sleep tonight and a good day tomorrow .
    One day at a time is much better than thinking too far ahead .
    Take care
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Would you please PM me the link for the material when you put it up.
    A friend kindly recovered my conservetory cushions for me last year with a remmnent but they dont fit!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    beanielou wrote: »
    Would you please PM me the link for the material when you put it up.
    A friend kindly recovered my conservetory cushions for me last year with a remmnent but they dont fit!

Oh no!
    What's your colour scheme/ preference so I can look and see what I have. I was starting with my dress lengths of fabric so I had probably better seek out some fabric suitable for cushions etc separately.
    I have so much stuff!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure