Options

Comments

• Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    9 please Baileys
    I luurrrvv my dancing bear, he looks a little like my jack russell terrier!
    Arkers x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi [Deleted User] and welcome :wave: Ive added you to the list just check you're happy with it :)

Thank you Baileys, that's perfect - that little dancing bear is making me smile!
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    katep23 wrote: »
    I find it easier to stick to something when I'm accountable

My plan is to move all booze to the garage so we don't have it within reach and it requires a conscious decision to get it.

Ditto on the accountable thing, and what an excellent idea to put the booze out of sight so that it becomes 'a thing' to go and get it.

Hi Alex and [Deleted User]! :wave:

On the subject of OHs, my decision to know drinking on the head was one I knew I had to take but I also new I had to be okay with my OH drinking in front of me. He can hold his drink, I can't. However, because I don't drink at all it means I don't encourage him to drink (Oh go on then, let's open another bottle) and the result is that he generally stops after one glass most nights, instead of us drinking at least a bottle between us. After 20 years of not being able to sleep through the night, he's been able to for quite some time now. I don't think he'd ever go back to drinking as much as he did when I used to egg him on. Nothing stops him enjoying his beers when he watches his team in the pub, but he doesn't write himself off every weekend any more, in fact very, very rarely now.

As to AF beers, there is a school of thought that if you drink AF beer or wine, you're not really AF. I don't agree with that at all, obviously, but if you don't like the taste there's no point in drinking it. I kind of do, and it keeps me on the straight and narrow for nearly four years and that's all that matters to me.

17/31 please, Baileys.
    Better is good enough.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :wave: Alex and welcome [Deleted User].

Honey_Bear wrote: »
    As to AF beers, there is a school of thought that if you drink AF beer or wine, you're not really AF. I don't agree with that at all, obviously, but if you don't like the taste there's no point in drinking it. I kind of do, and it keeps me on the straight and narrow for nearly four years and that's all that matters to me.

I wonder who puts forward that sort of theory? It wouldn't be beer drinkers who know they drink too much would it?;)

9/10 AFDs please Baileys.

I should be at target on Monday and then loads of month left for my bonus days!:D
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    12/24 for Tuesday and 13/24 for yesterday
  • CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    11/17 for me please.

Feeling grumpy, stressed and really wanting wine in the sunshine later but I can!!!8217;t. I!!!8217;m exercising and driving. Hope that sorts out my mood.
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning! 3/17 for me please :)

Interesting talk about OHs and their involvement, I am lucky we are both at the same stage with this, think I would struggle to commit by myself.
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,313 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 14/21 for me today please. :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • Baileysonice
    Baileysonice Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    As to AF beers, there is a school of thought that if you drink AF beer or wine, you're not really AF.

How ridiculous is that. Wonder if the same people think Ginger Beer is evil too lol
    CuppaTea wrote: »
    11/17 for me please.

Feeling grumpy, stressed and really wanting wine in the sunshine later but I can!!!8217;t. I!!!8217;m exercising and driving. Hope that sorts out my mood.
    Aww well your bear is here to cheer you up
    cathybird wrote: »
    Morning all, 14/21 for me today please. :)

Yeah cute penguin day :T:T:T
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    I've never really liked the taste of beer/lager at all, it's only in recent years I started to drink the occasional craft beer or stout when I've thought "this actually tastes nice". But the AF options I've tried recently are bordering on undrinkable. My personal thoughts are that if you're going AF then at least drink something tasty in place of something effective. Its becoming clear to me that I only tolerate the taste for the effect.

47/90 today please Baileys. :)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport