Onwards and downwards...

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I managed to do a load of listing yesterday so fingers crossed for some sales :T

It was a nice but breezy day so did all the bedding/towels etc and dried them all on the line.

I caught up with surveys and got to cashout on PA.

Not sure what the plan for this weekend is. Little jwil has another party. We probably ought to do another boot sale but I'm exhausted and not sure I can be bothered. :o I think I need to start looking at my health, as I seem to be a bit run down which probably isn't helping.

I feel like I'm just treading water and not getting anywhere. I know I just need to be patient and I should be able to make better inroads next year. It's hard to be patient though when nothing's really moving.

I've booked little jwil in to holiday club for 2 days over half term. I'll be off work, but he's never been before, so I want him to get used to it while I'm available if need be, rather than if I'm stuck at work. They are doing some activities he wants to try, so that is additional cost, but if it helps him settle then I'm happy to pay it. It will also be nice for me to have a couple of days to myself!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'd have a break from car booting this weekend, you don't want to get too run down. It's a good idea to let little jwil try holiday club whilst you're available, but hopefully he'll love it.

It is frustrating waiting for progress sometimes, I feel like we're forever waiting for someone to pay us :(. It's hard to be patient but stay focused and you will get there.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    Options
    I'd have a break from car booting this weekend, you don't want to get too run down. It's a good idea to let little jwil try holiday club whilst you're available, but hopefully he'll love it.

It is frustrating waiting for progress sometimes, I feel like we're forever waiting for someone to pay us :(. It's hard to be patient but stay focused and you will get there.

Thanks HHD. :) I'm going to go, but have tomorrow off from it.

It's so demotivating when nothing's going on.
  • jwil
    Options
    After my moping yesterday, I've decided to get on with it! Had a chat with DH, and we need to get focussed. Some of the ideas I 'planted' a while back seem to have been accepted :T :T so that's progress. (DH automatically rejects any suggestion I make, I've long learnt just to accept the rejection and let him come to the idea in his own time ;) ) I always get my way eventually :D:D

So we have decided we are going to take the van and the car today, pay for two pitches and take absolutely everything we've got. We will spread it all out, and while we are there sort through it all and allocate a load of stuff to go. If it doesn't sell today, there will be a nice load to go to charity etc. Then hopefully we will have some more space to add new things and get some more out of the house.

Tomorrow little jwil has a party so I won't be doing any car booting and so after that will have a quiet day at home.

Two of my items I listed on Thursday are selling very well! I'm very pleased considering they've still got a week to go. One is already over 3 times what I listed it for, and I always list for the minimum I'm happy to let it go for, so would have been happy at minimum bid!

Have a good weekend everyone :)
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fab idea. How did it go?

Weather here now is lush, have been in garden for a bit, very nice.
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm very jealous - that sounds brilliant. Tell him would he rather bring it back in the house or just drop it off at a charity. Obviously stressing how much harder it'll be to bring it home. Meanwhile I'm here with 6 drills, old uniform, a boxing bag...
    And yay on the eBay!
    You're just waiting for them to get bored of your debts not the other way around :) you are so so right when you told me before. Another year and you'll have decent savings to see which debtor has run out of patience. Xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    Options
    Fab idea. How did it go?

Weather here now is lush, have been in garden for a bit, very nice.

It went well thanks Brizzle. :) It's been lovely weather, long may it continue!
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    I'm very jealous - that sounds brilliant. Tell him would he rather bring it back in the house or just drop it off at a charity. Obviously stressing how much harder it'll be to bring it home. Meanwhile I'm here with 6 drills, old uniform, a boxing bag...
    And yay on the eBay!
    You're just waiting for them to get bored of your debts not the other way around :) you are so so right when you told me before. Another year and you'll have decent savings to see which debtor has run out of patience. Xxx

I'm really itching to do some F&F, not that I've got the money to. I just want to clear another debt. I will be patient though!
  • jwil
    Options
    We did quite well at the boot sale on Saturday, we didn't manage to go through everything, but have a box of books to go, a bag of stuff which we will just bin :( and probably the equivalent of two boxes for charity. DH will drop that off this weekend, and then hopefully we will have some space in the van to add more stuff now! We will look at the remaining stuff as we go.

We are not going to sell this weekend, not sure it will be worth it with the wedding and the FA cup, so we are not going to traipse all that way.

Hopefully we will get some stuff sorted around the house instead.

We had some good sales this weekend, so 15 parcels left yesterday :T I should have some good sales this week too. Must keep up the momentum!

I've cancelled another survey site, they keep sending me invites but I'm not the target audience any more. It's a shame as they fairly regularly sent around £5 surveys. I've got one more in my sights to cancel once I reach cashout, and then I shall focus on the few I find easier to cash out on. I might whittle these down further too in the future.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done jwil. Decluttering AND income earnt. Happy days xx
  • jwil
    Options
    Well done jwil. Decluttering AND income earnt. Happy days xx

Thanks Brizzle :)