PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Is this buyers remorse?

Options

Comments

• Jack_Johnson_the_acorn
    Options
    Tiners wrote: »
    So you've already revised your previous stated average income figure down by up to 18%... really convincing argument you're offering here!

So you're not prepared to answer my questions or post anything which supports your reasoning. You're clearly not convinced about what you're typing, that much is obvious.

If anything my arguments even more convincing, because it's so easily affordable on an even lower wage than was previously posted. But if you want to pay off your LL's mortgage several times over, don't let my unconvincing arguments stop you. :D

Do you think what was posted is unaffordable?
  • Jack_Johnson_the_acorn
    Jack_Johnson_the_acorn Posts: 1,333 Forumite
    edited 8 September 2017 at 12:38AM
    Options
    Yes, I can`t really imagine it though, and neither can you because I have posted links to some of the places I`ve lived in, and you know they are not getting smaller and smaller, it is just that sensible rents can be found if you look for them. There is a difference between a bedsit and a flat, you have to understand this difference before other posters will take you seriously I`m afraid :(

Nobody takes you seriously..... so, i'm unlikely to take any advice from the resident jester.

You have been renting for the past 20 odd years, so let's work this out.

240 months x avg rent £400 (likely more) = £96.000.00 + moving costs, we'll say £5k in costs over 20 years. for moving so frequently (being very kind to you).

£101,000.00.......

Cheapest bedsit to buy using Edinburgh as the search:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61363867.html

Property price £70,000.00
    Deposit £7000
    Annual interest 3.90%
    Repayment period 20 years
    Monthly repayment £379

So in all this time renting you could have bought this tiny apartment and saved yourself 20 yrs of future rent.

The cheapest rental available using search Edinburgh:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-61558957.html

£500pcm..... wow.

You must be livid, no wonder you post here all the time trying to pull people down just because they're getting on with their lives.

You'd need a crash of 100% and be given £20k in cash to break even. :rotfl:
  • Harper123
    Options
    To anyone reading this I bought my first house 4 years ago. In the six months leading up to buying I read this forum obsessively and Crashy scared the bejesus out of me. So much so I was almost convinced a crash was imminent and not to buy.

4 years later I'm on my second house. I made £60,000 on my first house (did no work to it whatsoever) and my current house is worth £30,000 more than I paid for it a year ago (based on the sold price of the house next door to me).

I currently have about £115,000 equity in my house. I started 4 years ago with £12,500.

If prices crash I will be just fine.

No one knows what's round the corner. Live your life. Do what's right for you. Not Crashy.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Harper123 wrote: »
    To anyone reading this I bought my first house 4 years ago. In the six months leading up to buying I read this forum obsessively and Crashy scared the bejesus out of me. So much so I was almost convinced a crash was imminent and not to buy.

4 years later I'm on my second house. I made £60,000 on my first house (did no work to it whatsoever) and my current house is worth £30,000 more than I paid for it a year ago (based on the sold price of the house next door to me).

I currently have about £115,000 equity in my house. I started 4 years ago with £12,500.

No one knows what's round the corner. Live your life. Do what's right for you. Not Crashy.
    Same here. Mine pretty much doubled in those 4 years (although I'd predicted that and ignored the doom-and-gloom-mongers. Just about to move so I can halve my mortgage to what a lot of people have on credit cards or loans, putting down around 90% of what I'm borrowing.

People should be buying a home as just that anyway - if you make money, fine, but just buy a home to live in that suits you. I certainly wouldn't be putting it off. A crash only really affects you if you have to sell - and even then, I've used it to my advantage a couple of times and bought bigger for cheaper.

A lot of buyer's remorse is just homesickness - it'll pass. I'm fully expecting to feel it, but once I start to appreciate the benefits of my next house, my current one will hopefully just be a lovely memory.
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nobody takes you seriously..... so, i'm unlikely to take any advice from the resident jester.

You have been renting for the past 20 odd years, so let's work this out.

240 months x avg rent £400 (likely more) = £96.000.00 + moving costs, we'll say £5k in costs over 20 years. for moving so frequently (being very kind to you).

£101,000.00.......

Cheapest bedsit to buy using Edinburgh as the search:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61363867.html

Property price £70,000.00
    Deposit £7000
    Annual interest 3.90%
    Repayment period 20 years
    Monthly repayment £379

So in all this time renting you could have bought this tiny apartment and saved yourself 20 yrs of future rent.

The cheapest rental available using search Edinburgh:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-61558957.html

£500pcm..... wow.

You must be livid, no wonder you post here all the time trying to pull people down just because they're getting on with their lives.

You'd need a crash of 100% and be given £20k in cash to break even. :rotfl:

You really don`t get it do you?
  • Crashy_Time
    Options
    Harper123 wrote: »

Crashy no posting here then though :) looks like you were so panicked you got your posters mixed up?
  • Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Options
    Crashy no posting here then though :) looks like you were so panicked you got your posters mixed up?

He might be confusing you with Brit123, who is also still renting and brooding bitterly I believe.

Nearly 4 years since I bought my house; my basic mortgage payment is less than the rent I was paying for a small one bed flat a decade ago. Also, in 4 years I haven't had to speak to a LL or agent ONCE. That is truly priceless.
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • Crashy_Time
    Options
    He might be confusing you with Brit123, who is also still renting and brooding bitterly I believe.

Nearly 4 years since I bought my house; my basic mortgage payment is less than the rent I was paying for a small one bed flat a decade ago. Also, in 4 years I haven't had to speak to a LL or agent ONCE. That is truly priceless.

Was the flat in London? How much were you paying? I guess the problems in the market are mainly affecting people who want/need to sell at a certain price at the moment....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4867114/One-sellers-forced-cut-house-price.html
  • Was the flat in London? How much were you paying? I guess the problems in the market are mainly affecting people who want/need to sell at a certain price at the moment....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4867114/One-sellers-forced-cut-house-price.html

You need to move on Crashy, you've well and truly missed the boat, even when you are eventually "proven right" (like a stopped clock) and prices crash, they will have increased 200% and crashed 25%.

You've already lost if you sold to rent in the 90's.
  • glasgowdan
    Options
    When someone posts a daily mail link on the internet a puppy dies somewhere in the world. Just don't do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure