business user potential offer

Options
Business users can you check your offers please, this has just popped up on mine:

Get 50% off final value fees
Reduce your item price by 10% or more to receive a discount on sold items.

there are two links to terms and conditions and an activate button, both go to a 'sorry we can't find that ' page.

apparently it started today and ends on the 19th , I've had no messages or anything- has anyone else got this and can they actually see any information ?
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Just clicked on the T&Cs link of the email I was sent (I actually had two emails!); it went to this page:

https://cloud.forbusiness.ebay.com/price-reduction-offer-105

Full text of offer (it's long):

Adjust your prices to get 50% off and boost your sales
    Reduce your prices by 5% or more and you’ll get 50% back on your Final Value Fee when your
    discounted listings sell. Just 1 week to go on this offer!
    Activate offer →
    *Valid from Wednesday 14th November 2018 00:00:01 until Monday 19th November 2018 23:59:59. Applicable to fixed price listings with at least one free UK shipping option, total cost reduction and sales in the period.
    Applies to final value fees. Excludes listings covered by Multi-buy promotion. T&Cs apply.
    Terms and conditions
    What is the promotion?
    Modify the price of your listings on eBay.co.uk and get 50% off the Final Value Fees.

Marketing communications will show (i) the dates during which listings need to be modified; (ii) the minimum price adjustment you need to apply; and (iii) the end date of the promotion.

Where a price adjustment is expressed as a percentage, this shall include postage fees

Only fixed price format listings that exist at the beginning of the promotion are eligible. New listings created after the start of the promotion are not eligible.

Full Final Value Fees will be charged during the promotion. The discount will be credited to your account within 30 days of the end of the promotion.

Any other fees (such as Insertion fees, Listing upgrade fees) will still apply and will be charged according to the eBay fees policy.
    Where is it?
    eBay.co.uk
    Who is eligible?
    eBay.co.uk registered business sellers who have been invited to participate. Participation is linked to the seller’s account and is not transferable. Sellers must be registered as a resident in the UK.
    When is it?
    Marketing communications will show (i) the dates during which listings need to be modified; and (ii) the end date of the promotion.
    How do I get the promotional rate?
    The price of eligible listings must be modified as per the dates shown on the marketing communication to qualify for the promotion.

The Final Value Fee discount will be applicable to listings which sell at a price that has been reduced by at least the recommended price adjustment.

Only fixed price format listings that exist at the beginning of the promotion are eligible. New listings created after the start of the promotion are not eligible.

Only sellers whose accounts meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards are eligible. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. The Seller dashboard is available to all sellers. The detailed rating section is available to sellers who've received 5 or more detailed seller ratings (DSRs).
    Restrictions & exclusions:
    Listings whose price have not been modified, or have been modified after the end of the promotional period, will not be eligible.

Any listings sold at a price higher than the suggested adjustment will not be eligible.

Any listings whose price is reduced to the suggested price or below due to the application of discounts (e.g. multi-item or Multi-buy promotions or coupons) are not eligible.

Any listings which have qualified for another Final Value Fee promotion or discount during this Promotion.

Any sellers who have not been invited to participate.

Any new listings created after the start of the promotional period..

Any listings without at least one free UK shipping option.

Multi-variation listings.

Any listing formats other than fixed price.

Existing selling limits still apply and are not impacted by this promotion.

PayPal and any other third-party fees still apply.
    General terms:
    Any attempt to manipulate the promotion will lead to automatic exclusion from participation.

eBay reserves the right to suspend, change or cancel the promotion at any time, in the event of circumstances arising which, in eBay's opinion, make it necessary for it to do so. eBay reserves the right to add additional terms and conditions for certain parts of this promotion.

eBay also reserves the right to exclude users on the basis that their seller accounts have fallen below the minimum required seller performance standards. Sellers should confirm eligibility by checking their account status on My eBay.

The decision of eBay regarding any aspect of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

Copyright © 1995-2018 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. User Agreement, Privacy, Cookies and AdChoice
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,201 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you, I have no emails and can't open it in my promotions!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    Options
    I am getting tired of ebay- I couldn't see how to actually see what I was doing with this promotion and still none of my links work (although I have managed to accept the offer) so phoned them. Was told I would have received a message telling me which listings were eligible to use this offer- which I haven't and CS just said no one else had either .Then told me there would be something showing against eligible listings, and seemed happy to say no one can see those either.

I suggested that perhaps she actually transferred my call to someone who could help rather than make up nonsense to get me off the phone and she finally said I could only use this offer on listings that ebay have marked under performing, so I checked that tab and there are a handful of listings in there, most of which would not qualify as they are MVL or don't have free postage, and she tried to say they would still 'probably' work, but maybe try and see? I asked where I could check to see if ones I reduced my price on had had the offer activated and she just said I couldn't.

See, ebay can't even run their own promotions and yet I am still getting irritating messages telling me to enable all sorts of automated basket discounts and things with no hope at all they won't start giving my stuff away when it all goes wrong.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So list an item at an inflated price then reduce it to the price you were going to list it for originally and get a discount on the final fee's?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• soolin
    Options
    So list an item at an inflated price then reduce it to the price you were going to list it for originally and get a discount on the final fee's?

Looking at the community boards, where people are as confused as me, there appears to be some requirement to be already listed and with no previous price change from the date of the offer. However, no one is sure and eBay don't know either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure