Deleted thread

Comments

• Doh it is frustrating... one I wrote on yesterday and last night has gone.. I had specifically said in it I hoped it stayed up as it would have been useful to refer to on debates about disabled and employment.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • tommix
    tommix Posts: 41,256 Forumite
    Obviously I was joking in the above post..Never reported a thread. Reported one post regarding a Coat Hanger and Abortion. Apart from that I'm clean in the 'reporting' Dept.:cool:
  • chris_m wrote: »
    What moderators?

This forum is not part of the MSE core function and, as I understand it, is not actively moderated. The MSE team do not have the time or resources to do that, nor to investigate the reasons for threads being reported - so, if reports are received, very often the simplest thing is to lock or delete the posts or threads in question.

What a conundrum. Martin, like I, is from a jewish background, and therefore why would anyone involved in MSE and/or an open forum not wish to hold a meaningful debate about jewish orthodoxy.

Some forums do have arbitrary censorship rules re deleting threads etc, but I had thought that the MSE forum was head and shoulders above the rest.
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    tommix wrote: »
    Obviously I was joking in the above post..Never reported a thread. Reported one post regarding a Coat Hanger and Abortion. Apart from that I'm clean in the 'reporting' Dept.:cool:

Womens body, Womens choice. You have no right reporting that :D

I have always you are a male called Tom
  • I've been sent to the gulag myself a few times by the supreme soviet.
    I'm one of the lucky ones that has somehow survived until now.

The sword of Damocles seems to swing ever closer however
  • stephen77
    What a conundrum. Martin, like I, is from a jewish background, and therefore why would anyone involved in MSE and/or an open forum not wish to hold a meaningful debate about jewish orthodoxy.

Some forums do have arbitrary censorship rules re deleting threads etc, but I had thought that the MSE forum was head and shoulders above the rest.

I have no idea what Martins opinion is on Jewish debates
    If I was him, I would probably avoid the topic altogether as his role is about money saving advice.
    Stay clear of politics that will annoy certain parts of the country on divisive issues like this. You leave that to when your popularity is on the wain.

I know he went on question time, so does stray into politics, but I think that week he went on, it would more down to the news being about something he had been campaigning on finically.
  • You will be told and it would have been in the terms and conditions when you signed up,

"This is a private site. If you don't like it don't use it".

What a thoroughly sad state of affairs.

Based on the site's Terms and Conditions I did nothing wrong. Therefore my original thread must have been deleted by mistake and I, and presumably now a few others, look forward to its timely reinstatement by the moderators.

That said following further investigation it does appear that there are in fact no site moderators per se; they are in the alternative called 'The Forum Team' and contrary to what some other folk have posted they are not volunteers; they are paid - see link below.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs/?_ga=2.15865846.1179765037.1540059853-1720380646.1518188096

I have to affirm that I have nothing but admiration and respect for the paid Forum Team and that faith will be further enhanced once an original, and now mistakenly deleted, thread I posted last night is promptly reinstated.
  • stephen77 wrote: »
    I am assuming.
    If threads get complaints.
    The mods delete the whole lot in 1 go as its quick and easy to do.
    From there point of view they do not get paid (if they do get paid) any more by taking 20 minutes to remove a few posts.

While its easy to blame mods. I think its posters who draw attention to it with the report button.

As for censorship - there is a 50% chance this post will get locked/deleted as well.

... please see below Stephen. Seems like there are no mods per se; on MSE their equivalent are called 'The Forum Team' and as it says in the official site link below they ARE paid:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs/?_ga=2.15865846.1179765037.1540059853-1720380646.1518188096

It should go without saying that I have nothing but admiration and respect for the paid Forum Team and that faith will be further enhanced once the original, and now mistakenly deleted, thread I posted last night is promptly reinstated.
  • stephen77
    ... please see below Stephen. Seems like there are no mods per se; on MSE their equivalent are called 'The Forum Team' and as it says in the official site link below they ARE paid:

It should go without saying that I have nothing but admiration and respect for the paid Forum Team and that faith will be further enhanced once the original, and now mistakenly deleted, thread I posted last night is promptly reinstated.

Sometimes post can descend very rapidly into insults.

I have posted many times in a nice thread to see it deleted.
    Then later found the insults occurred with in a short space of time.
    Which got it blocked. Not saying is the case, but does often happen.

As I did not read the post I can not comment to much on it, I am guessing at reasons why it may have happened.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I think you are on to a loser expecting any kind of explanation or apology.

Try asking the Saudi government about health and safety monitoring in their foreign consulates for a more fruitful activity.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure