The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt

Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I am beginning to wonder whether i am safe to be let out on my own! Clearly I'm a little preoccupied.

On Sunday I started driving away from the petrol station without paying. Went about 10 ft and then thought.....I can't remember paying! My friend, in the car behind, was thinking the same.

Yesterday I met an absolute :A
    Parked in McD's and was going to the counter when I glanced out of the window. The man from the car next to mine who had been reading his paper was now leaning on the bonnet of my car in a holding it up pose. Yes, I'd forgotten to put the handbrake on. What a star he was. Absolutely amazing :T:T:T

Good job I'm not thinking about whether or not to have surgery for the next 3 months. I don't think the local populace would be safe.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Butti :rotfl: :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hi Butti, I've been a lurker for some years now and just followed your posts back from May time. Looks like you've come really far. Hope the throat is okay though. Never nice but better sooner rather than later right?
    Just wanted to say I really enjoyed reading your earlier posts. You have a spark for writing and it's quite entertaining. Have you thought about writing seriously? I.e. for money and what not. I think you've be really good at it.

Looking forward to seeing your debts decrease by the post. Keep up the good work :)

Circle.
    "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -- Benjamin Franklin

Total Mortgage: £212,746.54
  • Butti
    Thanks Circle.
    Let's rename this blog Butti's Brain is Missing.
    Today's irrational move.....going to a house and after I'd left and locked up....leaving both mobiles on top of the owners bin!

:eek:
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    Butti!!!!

It is our age!!!

Have a good weekend :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Butti
    edited 25 August 2018 at 1:18PM
    Wow Beanie. I'd just like things to quieten down a bit.

WARNING. Plot twist......Last night I went to the pub :D:D:D
    I know you're all SO surprised (and yet you hide it so well!)

Had a few beers, left and went to the bus stop to get the bus home. Elderly gent I'm talking to suddenly goes straight down with a bang....literally. As I'm ringing for an ambulance a Doctor overhears me and stops. Fortunately he came to and we stayed with him and I missed my bus (which only comes once an hour during the night!) and he went to have his head investigated. The timing of the Dr was impeccable.

This morning has been slightly more predictable and better!! :eek:

Transferred almost all balance *from
    Tesco £1160
    Halifax £700

to Santander. So from a 21 & 22% to a 0% till February 2020 :D
    Also set up a DD on Santander for £150 which should clear it in a year. :D:D

I think it leaves me with about £10 to clear and close each card. It will also mean I have 2 credit cards rather than 4.

While I was on a roll. Those meditation tapes saying DO IT, DO IT NOW are clearly working ........as I did......I did it NOW
    I rang Virgin Media up and said I wanted to cancel. They didn't even make me do it. Upped my data, reduced my TV package and cut the bill from £68 to £39. :T:T:T

Other things that are going to be DONE NOW.....include tidying the car and going to the framing shop to get the picture I have had since San Francisco (January 2015):eek::eek::eek: into a frame along with the black and white one from Tate Modern two weeks ago.

Cleaning and tidying ....never my strong point is coming on a pace!

* TBF I'm not sure what the actual balance is on either because I can't be arsed to go through 16 lines of security down to how many moles I have on my big toe (incidently that isn't my security question!!!)
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    You have been a busy bee as usual!
    Cant believe you were at the pub.

Had to have a wee lie down with the shock:p

• starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Wow! You've had a bit of an exciting week. Well done you for helping that man. How lucky that doctor was passing by too. I hope you got home okay after you missed your bus too
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Butti
    starnac wrote: »
    Wow! You've had a bit of an exciting week. Well done you for helping that man. How lucky that doctor was passing by too. I hope you got home okay after you missed your bus too

The timing was amazing.
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    The timing was indeed amazing :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback