Feedback on Utility Point

Comments

• Think I am going to be pulling out. Looking at Google Maps, 44 Highfield Road is a residential house.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    A lot of the new/small companies are nothing more than a person with a laptop.
  • Looking at this, it seems to be a two person band, as it was one of the directors I spoke to on the phone.

https://energy-advise.com/utility-point-energy-reviews/
  • Decided to keep with the switch. Communication has been very good so far.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Coming up more slightly expensive than Flex 4 for me (on Economy 7), but probably similar to Flex 5 once you take into account their £15 discount for online account management.

No freephone number if there was a need to call them (and if it was permitted if you accept online account management), not even a geographic number.

Lets hope it all continues to go ok for you, as there's also a £30 early exit fee (per fuel) should you want out mid-term
  • I'm on the variable tariff, not tying myself in, until I have experienced.

0345 come out of my allowances, so not that bothered about freephone and/or geographical telephone number.

Only signed up for electricity as Zog are cheaper for gas.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,932
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I have decided to take the plunge and started the switch from Iresa to Utility Point. Wish me luck!

Seriously though. My account is in good standing with Iresa, showing credit on both my gas and electricity accounts. Should I cancel my direct debit for the beginning of next month, or allow it to come out as normal? My first direct debit with Utility Point is due in the middle of February, with the view to changing this date after the first direct debit.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    I have decided to take the plunge and started the switch from Iresa to Utility Point. Wish me luck!

Seriously though. My account is in good standing with Iresa, showing credit on both my gas and electricity accounts. Should I cancel my direct debit for the beginning of next month, or allow it to come out as normal? My first direct debit with Utility Point is due in the middle of February, with the view to changing this date after the first direct debit.

FWIW, I wouldn’t give Iresa any reason to block your transfer of supply. That said, I had to threaten legal action to get my credit back. Best of luck.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,932
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hengus wrote: »
    FWIW, I wouldn’t give Iresa any reason to block your transfer of supply. That said, I had to threaten legal action to get my credit back. Best of luck.
    Thanks for replying Hengus - I had hoped you might. :D

You are thinking along the same lines as me, don't give Iresa any reason to block the transfer. I look forward to closing the door on Iresa! :beer:
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

You will still be supplied by Iresa beginning of next month, so you should allow your direct debit mandate to remain in place.

All credits will be accounted for in the final bill.
    In fact, depending on exact timing, if you cancel you may get a final bill that has a credit on that is not honoured by your bank, leading to more issues...

The supplier may mark the final collection as such, and that will inform the bank to cancel the DD mandate anyway ... so you don't have to.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback