Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 January 2016 at 1:04PM
    Options
    I was advised not to contact Nationwide about my missing CB on this thread 20/01/16.

Result. Nothing.

So I phoned Nationwide who inform me that they have no affiliation with TCB, don't payout to cashback sites and any CB due is from an offer made up by TCB as are all the T&C. This was after a senior manager was consulted! So TCB are giving out cash, sometimes, and the merchants don't give the money to TCB. You couldn't make it up.

So matt did you know Nationwide are not affiliated to you, nor are they a partner in the current account offers you make for Nationwide accounts?

Where is my cashback confirmed for the last 6 months, normally payable after 12 weeks? Do the affiliates in between Nationwide and TCB themselves stall and hold on to the cash. Nationwide use Havas Media as their affiliate.

Should TCB be offering Nationwide products as they don't seem to pay out?

Does TCB have any clout to liaise in a meaningful way with Nationwide?

Will I ever get my cashback?
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 29 January 2016 at 9:38AM
    Options

Will I ever get my cashback?

If you are prepared to do the work yourself, then a definite yes.
    You may need to issue a complaint direct to the Nationwide and you can also register your complaint with the FCA. They won't investigate complaints, that's where the FOS come in and I always make a complaint there before contacting the merchant. It alerts them to issues, but you could miss them out (initially) and hope your complaint is resolved within the 8 weeks they are allowed.

The 'senior manager' is wrong to a degree as the Nationwide do have a connection with TCB as TCB is an appointed 'agent' working for them, known as an affiliate. Not technically direct, but via the Nationwide's affiliate management.

Basically, Nationwide use affiliate marketing to sell their products. They use an affiliate manager to do this for them and affiliates, like TCB, are appointed agents.
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/about/affiliates

Watch this thread closely over the coming weeks. I'm expecting to make several 'complaints' and do the work myself getting my cashback. Not a great issue as it's simple enough (and educational).
    My complaint generally goes along the lines of ' mis selling of a financial product due to the non payment of their affiliate marketing'.
    Remember, TCB don't use affiliate marketing to sell Nationwide products, it's Nationwide who decide to sell their products in such a way.
    I'll be watching your posts as I too have a Nationwide transaction (tracked). Reviews are poor, hence expecting to be placed in a similar situation.
    Take no nonsense. If they mess you about, then it's only fair for them to expect the same!
    Best wishes and good luck. Maybe Matt will resolve this quickly for you, once viewed? Saves a complaint then.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Yorkshire Pud and B_M

@Yorkshire Pud - This is the reason we ask members not to contact the merchant, because you do get misinformed about cashback and what it is. Going back to the essentials of cashback it is important to note is not a special offer but instead us giving you the chance to earn the commission from the purchase. This therefore is seen as commission and not as cashback or an offer. I can 100% confirm that nationwide do offer cashback and we are allowed to display their rates on our site. While we cannot directly speak with Nationwide about your transaction the affiliate chases all outstanding transactions and gets them progressing as soon as they can. There is no reason for me to believe this wont progress.However, please do send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can take a closer look into the situation with your transaction.

@B_M - Thanks for your information and contribution :) I hope you have a great weekend.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 January 2016 at 9:47AM
    Options

@B_M - Thanks for your information and contribution :) I hope you have a great weekend.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Thanks Matt, I also hope you have a great weekend. :)
    I only wish I had the skills to help out and fix those pesky Snap & Save issues! :D
    I have multiple transactions with financial purchases coming, or should be coming to fruition soon via TCB. I will challenge each and every one slightly after the 'estimate payment date' passes. I believe these 'estimates' are there to mislead and the amount of delays back my beliefs up.
    First will be British Gas, they have 3 weeks to pay.
    Moved to payable and cashed out. Later than promoted 8 weeks, but progressed as a 'faster paying merchant' once confirmed. Completed.
    Aviva will be the first week in February, if not paid - these are usually good though.
    Paid and cashed out. Completed.
    Direct Line will be the middle of February, these won't get a day after the 18 weeks, as 18 weeks is well long enough!
    (still at confirmed, a high risk and one of the hardest to resolve). The 'naughty' one and has moved from 18 weeks estimate to 22 weeks! My deadline is still 18 weeks.
    British Gas again, but I will give them to early April.
    (Still at pending, but early still).
    Nationwide, again April, probably mid April.
    (Still at pending, but again, early still). Aware of potential issues and watching closely.
    So, British Gas moved to payable overnight and I can confirm they performed as a 'faster paying merchant' That was for a business insurance and I'm hoping for a similar result from their home insurance promotion.
    Cashed in the two financial purchases along with other bits and pence under £160 collected. It's good when it works. I don't believe either of those two businesses would have received my money without affiliate marketing via cashback sites as they wouldn't have been as competitively priced. So, it works both ways.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • ScotinLondon
    Options
    Morning all...Am a complete newbie on TCB, hence the questions that will be following.

I did an H&B order through TCB on 17/1/15 and I can't see it being tracked at all. I didn't take a screen shop of TCB confirming the tracking (also forgot to do it last night for McAfee purchase too).

How do I go about in confirming that the TCB will be coming through...also how long do H&B normally take in confirming to TCB for the purchase etc.

Am sorry if these sound like silly questions, but if you can help that would be great.

Thanks
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    Anyone had luck with Norton? I have been waiting months
    travelover
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello.
    I have Sky 6mb broadband, line rental and anytime calls package.
    I want to change from Sky to a FIBRE isp and noticed TalkTalk.
    Can somebody tell what cashback do i click through as it wiil be the same as Sky but with fibre instead of slow 6mb broadband.
  • robmar0se
    robmar0se Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TCB used to try harder, but cynically the overall performance has gone downhill.

They used to have a user forum, they removed that (I wonder why, and its not the answer they gave). They also used to have a facility so that you could check the tracking, they removed that (I know why, and its not the answer TCB gave).

They seem to be spending more time on these "treat" games, again its not transparent, no one has any idea if they actually pay out, no one as far as I am aware have said they have got any more than a few pennies.

Lastly I am moved to write this as tracking and the subsequent support is failing more frequently these days. Invariably the answers one receives are just unhelpful, they could provide much more info. If they decline they should state why, who etc rather than just a pat reply that it is declined.

I would also like to see stats on what percentage of affiliates fail to pay out both in terms of items and amounts.. Its impossible at present to see when an affiliate hits a problem, I'm sure that TCB has the info, and by making this info publically available it would help to put pressure on the affiliate to do more to resolve issues. The only pressure is from the retailer and their concern for their reputation, but this depends again on what % of their business is derived from cash back sites. By making this info public would also make the retailer more aware/concerned about their "public" image.

I certainly believe that these entities should be subject to regulation as to what they do, how they do it, and more transparency in their performance.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend!

@B_M - It is great to hear that your cashback for British Gas has progressed.

@ScotinLondon - It can take 7 days for a transaction to track so I wouldn't worry if this hasn't tracked yet. If this doesn't track then you can lodge a Missing Cashback Claim for this and you can lodge this by clicking on 'my account' 'customer care' and then clicking on the claim section. It can take a little while for claims to become resolved and so I do hope this isn't necessary. However, if it is I do hope we can get you the cashback you were expecting.

@littlereddevil - If you send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk I can certainly take a look into this for you to see what is happening.

@Boohoo - Can you kindly expand on your query please? Do you wish to change your broadband to Virgin or stay with Sky?

@robmar0se - In regards to the forum we found that it was and still remains easier to help members across support tickets. It also allows us to remain focused on our members and the growing number of outlets they are using to speak with us. I'm sorry if you believe this was for another reason but it wasn't.

In regards to tracking stats; we do and will remain to display tracking statistics. The only merchants we don't show this on is new ones or ones who have changed networks as we don't have enough information.

The Sweet treats game has spoke for itself, it is incredible popular and the majority of our members love it. The accusations you make about this being rigging and fixed are false. We very clearly have members winning this as you will see on various social media outlets which is also where we announce the main draw winners.

We do provide as much information as we can to members. However, we can and will only provide a declined reason when we are given one. Members can lodge claims and these do normally result in a final decision being made; whether this is a reason for a decline or an overturned decision.

The system is a lot more complex than member makes a purchase > affiliate tracks and obtains payment > we are paid > we pay you. Millions of transactions take place and only a tiny amount ever have issues with cashback not being paid. Sometimes there are issues with tracking, after all it is technology and I am sure you can appreciate technology sometimes does strange things and doesn't work as expected. This is why we have the claims system in place. We also regularly work behind the scenes to investigate tracking issues and get them sorted as soon as possible.

I hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ScotinLondon
    Options
    Dear Matt

Thank you for your email - I have lodged the complaint and look forward to seeing the McAfee transaction on my dashboard soon.

I do hope that TCB does work out for me, especially since I have heard good things from other users on this site.

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure