Work capability assessment decision

Options
Just had my mum decision does this mean she will have to start looking for work

Your Universal Credit claim Work capability assessment decision
Dear

following your work capability assessment we’ve decided that
you do not have limited capability for work.

This means you may be expected to look for work, depending on what you have agreed with your work coach.

What happens next
We will contact you to look again at the work-related requirements in your commitments.
You do not need to send us any more fit notes.

My mum My commitments

Accepted on 2 May 2018.

I'll use my online account to report changes to my circumstances.

Using my online account
I'll sign in to my online account often to:

complete all activities in my to-do list
report changes to my circumstances promptly, including changes to work

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 13 November 2018 at 12:06AM
    Options
    She needs to keep checking her UC journal. She will probably be required to attend a meeting with her work coach and required to agree a new Claimant Commitment which is likely to include a requirement to look for work. The work coaches do have discretion to vary the hours required depending on circumstances.

However if she disagrees with this decision that she does not have Limited Capability for Work she should request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision. She needs to do this within one month of the decision. She should be able to do this through her UC journal. If she can produce any additional evidence to support her having Limited Capability she should provide it.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/problems-with-your-payment/challenging-a-universal-credit-decision-mandatory-consideration/
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This means she's been found fit for work. She has 28 days to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) she needs to put this in writing. Have a look at the LCWRA descriptors to see which one if any apply to her.
    Scroll down this link to find the descriptors.
    https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Your-Situation/Ill-Injured-or-Disabled/Universal-Credit-Capability-for-work-assessment

If evidence wasn't sent to support her claim then she'll need to send it with the MR request letter because they rarely contact anyone for evidence. Good luck.
  • Martin_D2
    Options
    Mum Just had a phone call from a work coach she told my mum to keep handing in fit notes.

We have also done the mandatory reconsideration 3 days ago.

16 Nov 2018 at 2:13pm You had your commitments review by phone An agent
  • Martin_D2
    Martin_D2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Will today after 8 plus months mum had her day at HM Courts & Tribunals Service and they’ve fond her not fit for work. It’s been a nightmare.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure